Love the new board reshuffle code

Eddiemon
Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
It's obviously broken, but I'm happy with it.

In the middle of a cascade, when all the tiles drop and there are sets of 3 or more tiles, but no valid 'moves', it reshuffles the board rather than process the matches.

I think it could be the death of some of the nastier extended cascade sequences.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yea, I'm not a big fan of this since it normally affects my move. Multiple times I have made a match 3 to make a match 4 and the board shuffles instead and I lose the AP and it becomes the AI turn. I think out of the 5-6 times it has happened to me in game only once was it on the AI's turn.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kept meaning to bring this up. I took a video of it in action both on my side and on the AI side. Kept forgetting to edit it and host it on Youtube or something to demonstrate.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    The weirdest thing to me is that the shuffle wasn't broken until recently, but somehow they can't manage to fix it now...
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I think the detection for no match boards went a bit overboard. icon_e_wink.gif It looks like a regular old coding error with the order of operations.
  • The worst thing about this is when IM40's yellowflag.png countdown tiles start to tick and in the middle of that, board reshuffles and stuns IM40 with 1-2 countdowns left on the board (because they were moved up).
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    The worst thing about this is when IM40's yellowflag.png countdown tiles start to tick and in the middle of that, board reshuffles and stuns IM40 with 1-2 countdowns left on the board (because they were moved up).

THIS!!! lol
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    kobu wrote:
    I think the detection for no match boards went a bit overboard. icon_e_wink.gif It looks like a regular old coding error with the order of operations.

They messed it up when fixing a recent error in which the detection of matches wasn't working properly (you may have noticed that some of the suggested matches weren't actually matches). That, in turn, got screwed up when they fixed match detection to address Silver Surfer's Singularity power, which was being counted as part of matches, even though it wasn't.
    So, in sum, blame Silver Surfer.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, we're not allowed to question the ability of the Devs on this board.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I "love" it, too. I especially "love" the multiple times now that I've deliberately taken a specific match because the ensuing drop will give me another match needed to launch a power, or that would drop into a match-4 or match-5, only to have the board reshuffle and I'm left holding the bag. Whee.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I noticed this last night, for the first time as well... seems like it is very new, maybe bug in latest patches?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, maybe this is confirmation bias, but it seems to work out in my favor (stopping an AI cascade) much more often that it seems to hurt me. I can only remember one time when I deliberately set up a two-part-match and it screwed me up.