Shuffle error

brontag1
brontag1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
edited December 2016 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
I had 6 yellow ironman(3*) countdown tiles on the board. When they went off it started firing them in the typical order (starting at the top left and going to the bottom right of the board). When the second one went off it caused the last match on the board to disappear and that caused a shuffle of the board. At that point 2 of the yellow countdown tiles were placed at the top of the board and didn't go off. At that point iron man got stunned and I had to wait until he wasn't stunned anymore before the two remaining countdown tiles would finish the countdown that they should have already done.

The board shuffle shouldn't go off in the middle of the countdown tile check.. it should only shuffle once.. after all the countdown tiles have been adjusted.

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had the exact same situation pop up today in the Sentry Versus event.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Two 3*Cap America's Red CD with "1"

First resolved, tiles fallen
    Board reshuffle icon_evil.gif
    2nd CD of course not resolved icon_evil.gif

Bugs, bugs, bugs...
    Regressions, regressions, regressions...
  • Yeggy
    Yeggy Posts: 81
    I was going to make a new thread but this seems related.

If there is only one possible swap on the board and that swap leads to a known cascade, the board shuffles and the cascade does not happen. I guess the same would happen if the cascade happens from new tiles instead of pre-existing ones.

I am certain these bugs are easy to fix. The board should be checked after it's "settled" - after all the tiles fell and all the countdown tiles resolved.
  • EDL666
    EDL666 Posts: 73
    I know this is old, I know the devs probably know about it, but I want to point a more aggravating case in hopes of them finally fixing this terrible bug that has been left rampant forever.

If you use or face off against Daredevil's blueflag.png you can potentially get a single opposing character to remain in pseudo permanent stun if the countdown tile resets itself further down in the check pattern of countdown tiles since the 3-turn tile will get an extra tick and become an effective 2-turn tile which is the exact duration of The stun so the opposing character can't do anything if he has no teammates left because he will get stunned as soon as he gets out of it. If the countdown tile then resets itself further down again, and again, and again... you get my point.

It is possible to remain stunned and not being able to do anything for over 10 turns, it is unlikely, but 6 turns isn't that far fetched if the tile remains untouched and 6 turns without doing anything for a power that's supposed to let you have a turn after each 2 turns is pretty stupid and broken IMO, especially because it doesn't mean it won't happen again if the tile continues to stay untouched, you still only get 1 turn if it doesn't go further down the check...

With that power it is quite easy to test the bug, should be of great help to try and fix it as well. Please fix this thing, it has been left alone for too long and causing various issues with so many powers that use countdown tiles...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's not really a bug, that's just the way countdown tiles work, they resolve left to right, top to bottom. I can only assume that the stun duration and CD duration of Billy Club have been designed with this functionality in mind.

Realistically it's only a stun-lock situation when you're down to 1 character, but there are many characters with stun abilities who can engineer such a scenario at that point (Switch, IceMan, Spider-Man, Thor, etc...) so Billy Club doesn't really stand out.
  • EDL666
    EDL666 Posts: 73
    Yeah, that's how Countdown tiles work right now but I'm pretty sure it should be a bug, you can get cascades in the middle of the countdown check and have Hawkeye's Speed Shot split up over 2 turns because some tiles are placed further than it was checking and some before that... It makes the behaviour of abilities inconsistent and harder to predict when they are tied to countdown tiles being placed during the countdown tiles check, really feels like a bug in a game based around strategy.