Where are the Villains?

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok the poll above is to see if the rest of the MPQ forums agrees that the game lacks enough unique villains. I know I have stated in multiple topics and areas of the forum that it would be a fairly simple thing for Demiurge to do and help remove some of the staleness from the game....looking at you Dark Avengers. I understand there should be more playable heroes than villains available but the ratio should be closer to 2:1 whereas as of right now it is barely 3:1 if you count Deadpool (both versions) as a villain (historically he was but now he is seen more as an anti-hero), it is worse than 3:1 without DP as a "villain". Almost half of all the villains are also 1* or 2* characters.

One option of course they could do is go back and add non-playable villains to 2* and 3* tiers like Gorgon. They wouldn't have to worry as much about balance since it wouldn't be a playable character. Using this method, why couldn't Demiurge add one villain per month through a user vote. Give us options, like you did recently for the female characters, and let MPQ players have some say.

I am also not counting the special events like Galactus and Ultron here of course.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Great minds think alike. I just posted a topic that shadows this poll. We popped up at the same time. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I think you could include Ultron in with Gorgon as he does pop up once in a while in DPDQ.

I wouldn't mind any of the first three options just to add more variation to the game, but voted on the first one.

MODOK + AIM Goons
    Red Skull + HYDRA Goons
    Laufey + Frost Giant Goons
    Malekith + Dark Elf Goons
    Ronan & Nebula + Kree Warrior Goons
    Gladiator & Deathbird + Shi'ar Warrior Goons
    General Ross (Pre-Red Hulk) + Army Goons
    Brood
    Skrulls
    Chitauri
    Mojo & Sprial

The possibilities are endless.

Imagine battling a team of shapeshifting Skrulls that could mimic your abilities? Like Mystique, but they also get your power set? Or even just fighting Super Skrull who has the combined power of F4?
    We see Norman Osborne's face all the time, yet we never battle him. Why not have him lead the Dark Avengers in an actual battle? Either as Iron Patriot or Goblin.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    well, I don't go back very far, but they were in s1 for a while, then they moved to s3. been a while since I spent much time there. might still be there.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I think you could include Ultron in with Gorgon as he does pop up once in a while in DPDQ.

I wouldn't mind any of the first three options just to add more variation to the game, but voted on the first one.

MODOK + AIM Goons
    Red Skull + HYDRA Goons
    Laufey + Frost Giant Goons
    Malekith + Dark Elf Goons
    Ronan & Nebula + Kree Warrior Goons
    Gladiator & Deathbird + Shi'ar Warrior Goons
    General Ross (Pre-Red Hulk) + Army Goons
    Brood
    Skrulls
    Chitauri
    Mojo & Sprial

The possibilities are endless.
    We see Norman Osborne's face all the time, yet we never battle him. Why not have him lead the Dark Avengers in an actual battle? Either as Iron Patriot or Goblin.

Only thing is, if MODOK isn't playable there'll be riots.
  • insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I always thought they could do sin 6 pretty easy. Even if it isnt an actual 6 from the comics they already got ock, venom, gg and carnage. Do electro and another and hey presto! Or skip carnage and do another one instead.

As for osborne why can he not be a 5* iron pat and be a villain like ultron/galactus or a change of story for dark avengers.

If the game lasts long enough we might see thanos from avengers infinity films but that too is a long wait.

Personally i would like to see modok, or even better, moleman!
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Why is Gorgon unplayable? I don't understand that one. The people behind this game....I don't get them. They have access to a literal library of content to pick from and can't find a way to implement 90℅ of it. Are they hard up on labor or something? Is this game maintained by a skeleton crew operating computers powered by a hamster wheel?
    Another thing I want to know...are the characters they can implement dictated to them, or are they seriously sitting around in meetings and collectively coming up with lists of characters like American Chavez, silk and Riri? "Hey guys, my list is 'Nightcrawler, MODOK, Hank Pym Giant Man 5*, and Super Skrull"..."Good list buuuut we're gonna stick with Medusa, Silk, Chavez and the teenage Iron Man lady no one gives a damn about, thanks though."
  • I really hope we get more villains. How many 3 and 4 star villains do we have?
    Even in the MCU, marvel has trouble coming up with villains.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Introducing heroes is more to get new people to start playing the game (cool, they added Black Bolt/Peggy/Moon Knight/etc., let me check the game out and try to get them). Introducing villains is more about making the current players happy (i.e. you aren't going to get many people to start playing the game because they added Sandman/Electro/Red Skull/etc). Henceforth, what they add is primarily heroes, and most of the introduced villains are either anti-heroes or 5 star boss characters.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I wish there was an option for the first 3 options in the poll. More villains across the board. I don't know if they have the rights to the contents of the movies, but if they did they could literally rip the lines from the movie and have it be a release event for the characters from the movies. Red skull, Ronin, iron monger, crossbones, etc. Etc.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I would love to see a playable Taskmaster. Give him 3 passive powers that do damage each time the enemy matches one of his colors. Also each time a power of his color is used is by the enemy he hits right back with the same power. He would be a support character that does a ton of damage until taken out.

Just the opposite should be done with pve. Instead of adding bad guys I think we should fight good guys in pve sometimes. It would at least change it up.

They could use the Streets of Poison storyline from the older Captain America comics. Story was he was on a drug warehouse that caught fire. He ingested a bunch of ___ (some kind of drug like meth, can't remember what it was called) and it bonded with his super soldier serum. He went nuts and fought a half dozen other super heroes before he got "cleaned up". That would give us a pve where we fight the heroes that we don't usually go against (in non-gauntlet/simulator) pves. Plus they don't have to write the story cause its already written. They would just have to paraphrase it into digital form.

They could also use Secret Wars just as easy.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    More villains, please. I don't care to reason it out. I just want more villains in the game.

Note: Not Villains Inc, the alliance. There are enough of them already. icon_e_wink.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    "Hey guys, my list is 'Nightcrawler, MODOK, Hank Pym Giant Man 5*, and Super Skrull"..."Good list buuuut we're gonna stick with Medusa, Silk, Chavez and the teenage Iron Man lady no one gives a damn about, thanks though."

First of all, half of the character examples in your story ARE NOT even eligible to be in this game, to begin with. You may want to educate yourself on that.

Also, many, MANY fans care about those female characters that several of you seem to have such a deep seated problem with.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    "Hey guys, my list is 'Nightcrawler, MODOK, Hank Pym Giant Man 5*, and Super Skrull"..."Good list buuuut we're gonna stick with Medusa, Silk, Chavez and the teenage Iron Man lady no one gives a damn about, thanks though."

First of all, half of the character examples in your story ARE NOT even eligible to be in this game, to begin with.
    Haven't posted in forever but I'm curious as to which characters you are referring to in this post. Are you referring to the movie rights? So, presumably nightcrawler and super skrull?

MPQ had access or the ability to negotiate the rights to everyone. We have most every notable X-Men in the game (multiple wolvies) and all four of the fantastic four and doom. The rights or lack thereof don't cross mediums from movie to games and vice versa.

Marvel does push development of characters from time to time to coincide with comic or movie releases but it seems like they have free reign on the characters they develop. So, that lack of certain characters seems like more of a choice by devs.

Give us nightcrawler! Has been my top request every time for the last two years. icon_e_smile.gif
  • hodayathink
    orbitalint wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

First of all, half of the character examples in your story ARE NOT even eligible to be in this game, to begin with.
    Haven't posted in forever but I'm curious as to which characters you are referring to in this post. Are you referring to the movie rights? So, presumably nightcrawler and super skrull?

MPQ had access or the ability to negotiate the rights to everyone. We have most every notable X-Men in the game (multiple wolvies) and all four of the fantastic four and doom. The rights or lack thereof don't cross mediums from movie to games and vice versa.

Marvel does push development of characters from time to time to coincide with comic or movie releases but it seems like they have free reign on the characters they develop. So, that lack of certain characters seems like more of a choice by devs.

Give us nightcrawler! Has been my top request every time for the last two years. icon_e_smile.gif

The rumor (it's never been stated as fact, but it's been pretty much accepted as such by most people) is that sometimes near the end of last year (i.e. after SS, OML and Phoenix got added to this game), Marvel corporate (or, basically, the head of Marvel, Ike Perlmutter) made it so that mobile games couldn't use any character that Marvel themselves didn't either own the film rights rights to, or had negotiated shared rights with (Spidey). And since then, you haven't seen a Fantastic Four or X-Men character added to any of their games, and that includes MPQ.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    The rumor (it's never been stated as fact, but it's been pretty much accepted as such by most people) is that sometimes near the end of last year (i.e. after SS, OML and Phoenix got added to this game), Marvel corporate (or, basically, the head of Marvel, Ike Perlmutter) made it so that mobile games couldn't use any character that Marvel themselves didn't either own the film rights rights to, or had negotiated shared rights with (Spidey). And since then, you haven't seen a Fantastic Four or X-Men character added to any of their games, and that includes MPQ.
    Thanks! I haven't kept up since 5* became the new meta to really notice. Threw my hands up and said no thanks when that was more than ss. Just do dailies and that's about it.
  • We_are_Venom
    TLCstormz wrote:

First of all, half of the character examples in your story ARE NOT even eligible to be in this game, to begin with. You may want to educate yourself on that.

Also, many, MANY fans care about those female characters that several of you seem to have such a deep seated problem with.

Add any one of the characters from list 1 to list 2 and create a poll of which character to put in game next. It won't even be close.

"You may want to educate yourself on that"
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    Fox owns the Xmen and Deadpool movie rights. List of fox characters in mpg:

Mystique
    Magneto
    Colossus
    Deadpool
    Professor X
    Wolverine
    Mr fantastic
    Thing
    Invisible woman
    Dr Doom
    Human torch
    Silver surfer
    Phoenix
    Daken
    Storm
    Iceman
    X-23
    Cyclops
    Jean grey
    Psylocke
    Beast
    Juggernaut

Universal still owns the Hulk.

Sony owns:

Spiderman
    Doctor Octopus
    Carnage
    Venom
    Miles Morales

I'm not sure Skrull fall into fantastic four rights. I'd lean towards no. Nightcrawler is no different than Colossus, who is in-game, so he can be implemented, technically. Giant Man is/was an avenger and MODOK was used in Iron Man 3 the game, though it was a variation not the classic.
  • hodayathink
    TLCstormz wrote:

Add any one of the characters from list 1 to list 2 and create a poll of which character to put in game next. It won't even be close.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Mystique
    Magneto
    Colossus
    Deadpool
    Professor X
    Wolverine
    Mr fantastic
    Thing
    Invisible woman
    Dr Doom
    Human torch
    Silver surfer
    Phoenix
    Daken
    Storm
    Iceman
    X-23
    Cyclops
    Jean grey
    Psylocke
    Beast
    Juggernaut

Sony owns:

Spiderman
    Doctor Octopus
    Carnage
    Venom
    Miles Morales

I'm not sure Skrull fall into fantastic four rights. I'd lean towards no. Nightcrawler is no different than Colossus, who is in-game, so he can be implemented, technically. Giant Man is/was an avenger and MODOK was used in Iron Man 3 the game, though it was a variation not the classic.

I believe that it's something along the lines of the Skrull as a race belong to Marvel, but Super Skrull goes with the Fantastic 4 rights, since he was specifically a F4 villain.

And the ban supposedly started at the end of last year, and that's why we haven't seen any X-Men or F4 characters since then, so it doesn't really matter how many we already have in the game.
  • We_are_Venom
    TLCstormz wrote:

icon_rolleyes.gif

Mystique
    Magneto
    Colossus
    Deadpool
    Professor X
    Wolverine
    Mr fantastic
    Thing
    Invisible woman
    Dr Doom
    Human torch
    Silver surfer
    Phoenix
    Daken
    Storm
    Iceman
    X-23
    Cyclops
    Jean grey
    Psylocke
    Beast
    Juggernaut

Sony owns:

Spiderman
    Doctor Octopus
    Carnage
    Venom
    Miles Morales

I believe that it's something along the lines of the Skrull as a race belong to Marvel, but Super Skrull goes with the Fantastic 4 rights, since he was specifically a F4 villain.

And the ban supposedly started at the end of last year, and that's why we haven't seen any X-Men or F4 characters since then, so it doesn't really matter how many we already have in the game.

I'd like to get an official response on this. think marvel entertainment customers have the right to know that certain characters are banned, unofficially or not, as it would for sure impact my decision to support the company.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Given (for the moment) that there will be no more new playable a below 4*s, I'd like to see a Sinister Six storyline introducing nonplayable Elektro, Vulture and Rhino at (boosted) 1-2* levels. It'd be sad not to have them playable, but this would essentially let them function as supergoons, keep many from scrambling to add them, and freshen gameplay. Thoughts?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Given (for the moment) that there will be no more new playable a below 4*s, I'd like to see a Sinister Six storyline introducing nonplayable Elektro, Vulture and Rhino at (boosted) 1-2* levels. It'd be sad not to have them playable, but this would essentially let them function as supergoons, keep many from scrambling to add them, and freshen gameplay. Thoughts?

I'm always up for seeing new characters, especially Spiderman's rogues gallery. Add Shocker, Kraven, Mysterio, Sandman, and Lizard, too!