Mirror pool still broken

thurule
thurule Posts: 23
Nice new update. Too bad Mirror pool is still completely broken even though they acknowledged they already knew about the bug.

A spell that puts creatures into play should activate the next spell not the token.

A creature that puts a token into play should reinforce the creature, not the token.

Come on guys.

Comments

• HunMike
    HunMike Posts: 47
    As i recall, the order of events are: the effect of the card triggers, then the additional effects trigger (it's unclear to me in which order if there are more).

1. Play the spell, you get the token. The last event was the token appearing, so it's reinforced.
    2. Play the creature, get the token. Same as above, the token is reinforced.

It reacts to the last event, not to the last action.

I mean you are right, that's how it should be working, but i don't see how can it be coded, that the mirrorpool's effect could behave elsehow as all the other effects. I mean it's not paper, you can't just agree on a different (more proper) behaviour, the game mechanics doesn't allow that...
  • HunMike
    HunMike Posts: 47
    I've encountered another mirrorpool bug (if i'm not mistaken). It's a different one, so i made a new post for it.

When it reinforces a creature with some effects, like Tyrant or Thalia's Lieutenant, the reinforcment's effects don't trigger. Is this the appropriate behavior?
    The cards say "enter the battlefield" but when the reinforcement arrives from hand, the effects trigger, with mirrorpool they don't.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    HunMike wrote:
    I've encountered another mirrorpool bug (if i'm not mistaken). It's a different one, so i made a new post for it.

When it reinforces a creature with some effects, like Tyrant or Thalia's Lieutenant, the reinforcment's effects don't trigger. Is this the appropriate behavior?
    The cards say "enter the battlefield" but when the reinforcement arrives from hand, the effects trigger, with mirrorpool they don't.

A pure reinforcement such as from mirrorpool or like evolutionary leap has not actually created a 2nd creature, it just increases the P/T stats by the same amount as the creature has. Therefore, nothing has actually 'ETB' so no effect should take place.
  • HunMike wrote:

Reinforce is not the same as entering the battlefield. This is normal behavior.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reinforce is not the same as entering the battlefield. This is normal behavior.

I think there's a certain grey area here which ought to be more clearly delineated. I'm pretty sure when I went through the tutorial levels that I was taught that playing a creature onto another copy of that creature was 'Reinforcing' it. It was a suprise to me when I started playing with Evolutionary Leap, and the creatures that I 'Reinforced' with it did not trigger abilities for coming into play.

I think it would be useful to have 2 different terms that describe the two states of 'Reinforcing' a creature.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah so reinforcing makes the creature bigger. This is done in 2 ways: 1) playing a creature which cannot take up a duplicate slot as a current creature and so therefore it reinforces or 2) reinforcing through abilities. Both make the creature bigger, but only 1 was caused because a copy of the creature was played.

That's how I see it?