Ob Nixilis' Torment vs Undergrowth Champion/Prevent Damage

Options
Plastic
Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
This ability is only giving UC -1/-1 whereas it should die based on the rework of UC mechanic. Torment is also negated by prevent damage, which it shouldn't be anymore.

Comments

• M3f
    M3f Posts: 46
    Options
    WHat do You mean? It should give -1/-1 since it's a destroy effect that as stated on UC card description.
  • Plastic
    Options
    They changed UC in patch 1.6. It definitely gets destroyed by cards like grip of desolation or scour from existence. It's in the patch notes.

So with that in mind, Torment should destroy it too.
  • M3f
    M3f Posts: 46
    Options
    If that's the case then it's silly since the description still clearly states that he only gets -1/-1 and is now a **** card for 16 mana...
  • EDL666
    EDL666 Posts: 73
    Options
    I would like to point out that Undergrowth Champion is bugged and gets destroyed by spells even though its ability clearly says he shouldn't! One of 2 things must happen here: Either change the text of the card or make it not die, it ruins the whole strategy concept of things. It comes to my understanding that destroy effects now actually destroy things instead of dealing lethal damage and that's why this is happening now, but this is a new bug created by modification of that mechanic and really must be fixed. I'm really sick of cards not doing what's written on them.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    In the patch notes they stated that UC will now die from destroy spells. It's a nerf to the card. But they should change the text.
  • EDL666
    EDL666 Posts: 73
    Options
    In the patch notes they stated that UC will now die from destroy spells. It's a nerf to the card. But they should change the text.

Card should behave as written on it, basic card game concept, patch notes don't really matter, just proves they're pretty bad at this. It's not the first time either... I don't care what they want the behaviour to be, I don't care about the nerf, I want the cards to do what's written on them...
  • Plastic
    Options
    Bump to add prevent damage to the list.