Sphinx's Tutelage activation not functioning correctly

Options
thesaurus
thesaurus Posts: 2
Hello,

Sphinx's Tutelage seems to have changed since the update. Matching the activation tile now causes the last card in the hand to be discarded, then you draw a card. This is contrary to how it worked previously, as well as the text on the card. I am not sure if this is intentional or not.

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is most likely intentional. They did the same with magmatic insight. This change is to have the cards work with the new madness mechanic that involves discarding cards.
  • thurule
    thurule Posts: 23
    Options
    You should be able to choose which card to discard or they should update the wording, same with madness.
  • Valk
    Valk Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As far as I experience the wording was updated to something equal to "discard a card and draw a card" so the mechanic works right, it discards a card, which means the last card in your hand like discard now is defined and you draw your new card as intended.
  • Valk
    Valk Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    BTW, I experienced that magmatic insight did not do it like sphinx tutelage ... i had to chose the card to discard and in addition it didn't fuel my madness cards :/
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Was going to post this as well. I don't mind if you have to discard instead of choose, but the wording should at least be changed!