This is UNACCEPTABLE!

Morphis
Morphis Posts: 975
So I got in the game as soon as SoI server went up.

I had some packs saved I open it

Wow string of luck gives me the following stuff

Kozilek distorsion
General tazri
Shambling cent(rare I missed)
General Drana
Felidar sovereign
Undergrowth champion
(For some I have screenshot too)

Then after server go down and up again ALL IS LOST?
And of course after reopening the pack I get 0 mythics and 0 new cards!

I know why you did it... Was letting people have 100 some crystal and an additional SoI pack free THAT much of a problem that you have to restore back a previous save?!

I demand at THE VERY LEAST A COSPICUOUS COMPENSATION!

Comments

• Jazzpha
    Jazzpha Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Minchia... I thought I got unlucky missing out on two mythics and some core SoI rares, but you got me beat.

Condolences, man! Hopefully the devs can bail us out!
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    I know you feel cheated, but consider this:

If you let you get back your original opened cards, the rollback would catch those who opened **** packs and reopened good ones. Now they'll complain.

If they let only people like you get back the cards, then the people who didn't get a chance to open twice would be ****.

In essence, this is actually the fairest way.

Really, your complaint only holds water if you were willing to make this same complaint if you opened the bad packs first and got the great Rares on the rollback.
  • Morphis
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    I know you feel cheated, but consider this:

If you let you get back your original opened cards, the rollback would catch those who opened **** packs and reopened good ones. Now they'll complain.

If they let only people like you get back the cards, then the people who didn't get a chance to open twice would be ****.

In essence, this is actually the fairest way.

Really, your complaint only holds water if you were willing to make this same complaint if you opened the bad packs first and got the great Rares on the rollback.
    Yea yah whatever... I still demand loudly my compensation and will continue doing it till I get a reply on the subject.

Inam not stupid and I know your point is valid but look at it this way:

- does that mean they can rollback all out stuff anytime they screw up?

This is the vital point.

They screwed up...

I do not mean, something went wrong..... That can happen

They just screwed up...

First of It all they could have waited to release between two event to avoid ruining the pvp event(to avoid this I had to wake up at 2.00 am this night).

Second of it all the only reason I can see this happened is they were not willing to let us get "by their mistake" something like 100 runes and a SoI pack as result of a bug.

So it was basically: "oh god they are getting a little more than we want. Let's rollback the saves to get it away...
    Oh wait some people can getting screwed by it? Who cares!"

I logged out and in during the first update so the game did save the progresses for sure.

This is what I think happened here.

Unless(and it would be an incredible coincidence) the game saves got somehow corrupted and they had to rollback saves.

Waiting for official reply.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    I really doubt you'll get any compensation.

But you didn't really understand me if you still think you got screwed.

Hopefully they end up giving us all more free crystals and stuff again, because if you guys get to roll the rng twice, I want to demand my pound of flesh too.
  • I totally agree that he should be complaining.
    I don't care that if you got only commons and then got Mythics.
    In his case, he got some good cards, he was happy, he maybe even added them to his decks and then they disappeared. That's really unacceptable.
  • Morphis
    Screen of 3 of the mythics(felidar is at the left side of undergrowth)

08R0Q2o.jpg
    ahhIqFv.jpg

Still waiting for a reply for a rollback/compensation
  • Morphis
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    I really doubt you'll get any compensation.

But you didn't really understand me if you still think you got screwed.

Hopefully they end up giving us all more free crystals and stuff again, because if you guys get to roll the rng twice, I want to demand my pound of flesh too.
    By your logic then I could cry about some people getting a compensation(if they give it to all of us) cause for some of them it will be "free" cause their gameplay experience was not affected.

I had your point in mind from the very beginning...
    What I am saying is that, almost surely, the rollback WAS NOT NEEDED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

When you add that it was all their fault the problem had to be "fixed" in the first place you can see why I am pissed.

Again complaining, not because it was bugged in itself, but because the effect of the bug would have been totally avoided if they would have been cautious/humble and released it NOT during a pvp event.
    Or if they, after acknowledging this mistake, would have just left the rewards "bugged" just for this event and fixed during NoP countdown for next one(probably the rewards would not bug again automatically anyways).
    This way everyone gets the benefit(as long as they at least played the event).

P.s. Also you cannot exclude the impact of human feeling of having, at long last, some good packs to compensate the many bad ones, taken away from me basically.
  • Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    lemongrab-unacceptable-1024x571.png

everytime I see someone typing in CAPITALS
  • raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    Morphis,

That is terrible. This is one of the games that a roll back should never occur on, for the exact reason of what happened to you. Like others have said on the flip side some could have benefited from the roll back, but that's no reason to justify it.

The only consolation I can offer is with the nerf Undergrowth Champion is not that amazing of a card anymore. It's useless in QB IMO for wins per minute, because it costs too much for the damage. Also it's usefulness in the PvP event is severely impacted since most of the decks have some form of creature destruction spell/ability.
  • Morphis
    Yes I know about champion but it could be that they realize it is now overcoste and will reduce the mana to the former value.
    In that case it would be back being really good(not op).
    Same reason on general tazri(another mythic I got befor he rollback).
    It tazri mana will get a moderate cut, it will become a pretty good card.
  • raidan wrote:
    Morphis,

That is terrible. This is one of the games that a roll back should never occur on, for the exact reason of what happened to you. Like others have said on the flip side some could have benefited from the roll back, but that's no reason to justify it.

The only consolation I can offer is with the nerf Undergrowth Champion is not that amazing of a card anymore. It's useless in QB IMO for wins per minute, because it costs too much for the damage. Also it's usefulness in the PvP event is severely impacted since most of the decks have some form of creature destruction spell/ability.

I am using it with the sphynx that gives it hexproof. Still OP.
  • Jazzpha
    Jazzpha Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    I originally opened Drownyard Temple, Ever After, Diregraf Colossus and the Green mythic 10 mana 6/6 wurm, along with seasons past.

First event match I play this morning, I face a Kiora running the green wurm mythic I lost, along with inexorable blob, which I also lost.

I'm going to be salty about that for a while.

When I re-rolled I got Prized Amalgam-- which would have been perfect with Diregraf and Ever After. Looks like I'm doomed to be forever one or two cards short of an awesome zombie deck. Alas.
  • Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    That really sucks. I was annoyed when I got on last night and found I'd been rolled back and lost the last 2 medals I'd earned in NoP before the first maintenance, but if I'd drawn that and then lost it, I'd definitely have been even more pissed.

I just popped a SOI BB and out of the 71 cards, I only got 56 unique ones, and only 2 of those were Rare (plus the guaranteed Rare). One of the worst BBs I've ever opened, I think. Complete waste of everything.
  • raidan
    edited August 2016
    raidan wrote:
    Morphis,

I am using it with the sphinx that gives it hexproof. Still OP.

While I agree that it's OP in theory, you're required to have Sphinx and Undergrowth Champion in your hand as well as spend 35 mana. 35 mana IMO is too high to be considered OP. Crush of Tenticales/Flyers will still ignore this combo. You could also have Mantle of Webs to overcome flyers, but now you're talking 44 mana and 3 different cards.
  • raidan
    Coconut99 wrote:
    That really sucks. I was annoyed when I got on last night and found I'd been rolled back and lost the last 2 medals I'd earned in NoP before the first maintenance, but if I'd drawn that and then lost it, I'd definitely have been even more pissed.

I just popped a SOI BB and out of the 71 cards, I only got 56 unique ones, and only 2 of those were Rare (plus the guaranteed Rare). One of the worst BBs I've ever opened, I think. Complete waste of everything.

Tell me about it, I opened 4 BB and got on average 1.75 rares and 0 mythics per box (excluding the guaranteed rare, which were all rares). 3 rares were also duplicates, I was saltier than the ocean.
  • TheElement
    TheElement Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Just bought a Big Box. I got two inexorable blobs. Two! No other rares. I will not buy any more crystals! You have lost a whale.
  • raidan
    TheElement wrote:
    Just bought a Big Box. I got two inexorable blobs. Two! No other rares. I will not buy any more crystals! You have lost a whale.

One of my Big Boxes had 2 Westvale Cult Leader and no other rares, I totally feel your pain. I too feel like this ocean is no longer fit to be a whale in.

It also appears this thread has been moved to the MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues.
  • Morphis
    This is not a bug why is this moved to the bug forum all of a sudden?

I came back to link all the cards I lost cause of it:

Undergrowth champion
    Kozilek great distorsion
    Felidar sovereign
    General tazri
    Drana's chosen.

Also shambling vent but I got it again from the new pack opening(so it does not count).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Morphis wrote:

This falls under Technical Issues
    Morphis wrote:

Undergrowth champion
    Kozilek great distorsion
    Felidar sovereign
    General tazri
    Drana's chosen.

Also shambling vent but I got it again from the new pack opening(so it does not count).

Submit a ticket to CS, include your screenshots, they should be able to fix it for you easily. Use the link below.

https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new
  • Morphis
    Malcrof wrote:
    Morphis wrote:

This falls under Technical Issues
    Morphis wrote:

Undergrowth champion
    Kozilek great distorsion
    Felidar sovereign
    General tazri
    Drana's chosen.

Submit a ticket to CS, include your screenshots, they should be able to fix it for you easily. Use the link below.

https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new
    I have not screenshot for all the stuff...
    Also it is not the direct result of a bug, more like of a "patched fix" made by them.

Anyways I did submit a ticket.
    We will see how this ends.

At this point with all the stuff they screwed I want all the stuff listed back even if I have not Drana and tazri screen.
    So either they take my word on it and give me the cards or rollback the save.

P.s also this was more a complain about the very source of the problem and how they handled the whole content release and problems it brought.

Well whatever...
    This is just one of the many and many flaws with this patch.