Penance Stare

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Can anybody else confirm what I'm seeing before I go post it in the bugs forum?

I have Patch and Ghost Rider on the same team, and regardless of who takes the damage dealt, every time Patch heals back up, the total damage dealt counter on Penance Stare is zeroing out.

Does having a true healer on the team break Penance Stare? More importantly, is it supposed to?

Comments

• xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Are you sure you're focused on the opponent's character that dealt the damage? It's specific to that character.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was having OML eat tons of damage from Ultron then hitting him with a 30-40,000 point Penance Stare.

Things could've gotten broken since then, though.
  • DFiPL
    xidragonxi wrote:
    Are you sure you're focused on the opponent's character that dealt the damage? It's specific to that character.

Hrm. Does match damage for the AI work the same as it does for the player, you just can't see who's carrying which colors for them? If so, is it possible that Penance Stare is 'flipping' to display the damage for whoever's making the match, and then flipping back to who I'm targeting when my turn rolls around?
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    xidragonxi wrote:

Hrm. Does match damage for the AI work the same as it does for the player, you just can't see who's carrying which colors for them? If so, is it possible that Penance Stare is 'flipping' to display the damage for whoever's making the match, and then flipping back to who I'm targeting when my turn rolls around?
    Yes. If you were facing just Patch and Mystique, if the AI makes a match on black, Mystique would be the one dealing the damage even if you have Patch up front. If you flip to Mystique, you would then see the damage updated on her for Penance Stare.
  • DFiPL
    Okay. That's probably what's happening, then.