Tempted to boycott story mode

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Next event is Unstable Iso8.

It's an old regurgitated event with no incentives (no guaranteed cover, no Token waves, no DOUBLE ISO8 LIKE WE NEED).

What's the point?

They've made 25 CP easily achievable so everyone pops in, meaning they can lie to their bosses about how happy their players are because "player engagement is up".

I can live without the 33 CP this represents, as nice as it would be, if we're going to keep getting dumped on. I'll go grind PVP for four days instead.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to MPQ, where you'll see the same story event AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN, either prepare yourself for monotony now or abandon ship.

I boycotted PVE for 1.5 years, pretty loudly in the forums. Did the devs care? No, they Did Not.

Since they've changed the refreshes so that you don't have to play it multiple times a day I'm "playing" it again, but obviously not how they intended. Now I run the easy nodes for ISO (since ISO is still as rare as ever, and needed more than ever) and I run the nodes for the CP which now gets me to progression every time. I don't care about placement - the 3*'s are irrelevant, the 4*'s are irrelevant, the only thing in the game that matters is the CP/LT since end progression is (stupidly) RNG-only.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I just have no idea how to get through to them!

We want to play new things!

If you're going to force us to endlessly play old things, chuck something in with it!
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I've enjoyed the game so much more since giving up competitive PvE.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    But they replaced Cap with Peggy Carter. That makes it new, right?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds like a good idea. If you don't have want to play something, don't play it. I'm currently boycotting 99.999999% or more of every game, book, movie, or tv show ever created!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Welcome to MPQ, where you'll see the same story event AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN, either prepare yourself for monotony now or abandon ship.

I boycotted PVE for 1.5 years, pretty loudly in the forums. Did the devs care? No, they Did Not.

Since they've changed the refreshes so that you don't have to play it multiple times a day I'm "playing" it again, but obviously not how they intended. Now I run the easy nodes for ISO (since ISO is still as rare as ever, and needed more than ever) and I run the nodes for the CP which now gets me to progression every time. I don't care about placement - the 3*'s are irrelevant, the 4*'s are irrelevant, the only thing in the game that matters is the CP/LT since end progression is (stupidly) RNG-only.
    (Shrugs) Welcome to MPQ, where you'll see the same PVP, same lightning round character, same OML + Hero X combination, same **** cascade wiping you out of nowhere, same etc example. At least new story modes are being made. There was a looooooooong wait after Enemy of the State, then some boss events with no story (but unique play), Ant Man mini-event with minimal story, then finally a new story in Hearts of Darkness, followed shortly by **** Hulk story, Venom Bomb, and the recent Howard the Duck story. My primary PVE gripe is Heroic: Whatever. My response is to not play those. Same with other events I get bored by. Take a break. Get PVP score. Play League of Legends. If you really want to complain, target release rates and ISO shortage.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I don't care about event's being repeated, I don't expect them to crank out different story arc's with new enemy groups like Hydra (where is this group at btw?).

What always makes me want to projectile vomit in PvE is when they shove Maggia in my face, who by the way, still has 2 of the most unbalanced goons in the game with one being Muscle who puts out strike tiles that have around the same power of a rank 3 OML black (I've always complained about this, now I have a comparison that really gets the point across) and Thug with it's 2 cost, short CD, stupid nuke that rips chunks out your characters (lvl 229 thug in my sub does 2913 dmg with pistol, yay....).

Dumbest faction in game, nothing pisses me off more than a Threaten tile 90% of the time magically turning into a cascade that does 10k damage ****, there's no other goon in game with as high a kill potential as Muscle. I've had more characters downed by Maggia than the Hand/Sym/Ultron factions combined. Let's also not forget the amazing synergy they have with their faction villains of Kingpin and Hood, ugh.

PvE has gotten drastically better with the recent change to 1* Venom no long being the overscaled, team stunning jag-off that occasionally get's paired with purple goons, but Maggia is the essence of anti-fun in this game to me where I have to drag my feet to even want to fight them.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Give me Maggia every day over symbiotes who churn out the damage tiles, ultron goons who give the nasty cascades along with those damage tiles, and Juggernaut over and over again giving you cascades and head-butts after collecting minimal AP.

I cleared all the maggia nodes today with winfinite. There are a couple teams I could throw at that node where I would be unlikely to take damage. I didn't fully clear the similarly leveled Moonstone/Daken/Venom node that requires me to bring in Colossus!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    halirin wrote:
    Sounds like a good idea. If you don't have want to play something, don't play it. I'm currently boycotting 99.999999% or more of every game, book, movie, or tv show ever created!

That's very unamerican of you. You're supposed to engage and spend. Didn't you get the memo?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Try a hunger strike! Or occupy d3's headquarters... icon_lol.gif

article-2057299-0EA86CFD00000578-436_634x475.jpg