PVE points to ISO bonus?

Kirinknight
Kirinknight Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
Am mainly a PVP player because PVE is just such an hours long repetition thumb exercise. Am one of many feeling the ISO crunch these days and any sense of fun or progress is running low.

What does the forum think about converting all points at end of PVE into ISO? It seems like an easy way to increase the ISO flow and reward those who actually are working hard to grind nodes to 0. Am not suggesting getting rid of any of the existing rewards either. Just a straight conversion of points at event end to ISO. The score info is already being recorded so minimal additional programming on the backend I would think. Grind 7 days in an event and earn 60k in points? Seems worth 60k ISO to me. May even get people like me more involved with playing PVE without new character releases.

Comments

• Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Seems like too much Iso, especially for some of those higher point 7 days (eots). That being said, I do agree more iso is needed. Maybe compromise with progression past the 25 cp (since it's fairly easy)

My suggestion:
    4.5 clears point value- 5k
    5 clear- 10k
    5.5- 10k
    6- 10k
    7- 20k

Even if people are only playing for full node checks (6 clears), thats 35k more iso per event.
  • Kirinknight
    Am for anything that increases the flow but have a hard time imagining a too much ISO situation. It takes ~350k to champ a 4* so in my mind even an extra 100k per week means a month to complete. In terms of buying ISO they are pricing that at about $500 for just one character. That's a lot of other games that could be purchased outright. I'd be closer to a buyer at $100 for 1 million ISO personally
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am for anything that increases the flow but have a hard time imagining a too much ISO situation. It takes ~350k to champ a 4* so in my mind even an extra 100k per week means a month to complete. In terms of buying ISO they are pricing that at about $500 for just one character. That's a lot of other games that could be purchased outright. I'd be closer to a buyer at $100 for 1 million ISO personally
    What Meander means is that expecting the devs to give away that much ISO each PVE is not realistic.

I'll finish Hulk with 150k+ points - that's almost two Motherlodes, or 200 bucks, for free, which is not happening.
  • Kirinknight
    Thanks Bowgentle. Are you buying ISO now? I know the devs are coming at it different but to seems you can't claim you are losing money on something you were never going to sell anyway.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks Bowgentle. Are you buying ISO now? I know the devs are coming at it different but to seems you can't claim you are losing money on something you were never going to sell anyway.
    I never bought ISO, most likely never will.
    I'm able to grind out the ISO I really _need_ - as opposed to the ISO I'd like to have - cause I know what I'm doing and don't feel the urge to champ everyone.

But plenty of people buy ISO, otherwise prices would have gone down a long time ago.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    All points? No way.. that would be too much (30 000 - 120 000). 10% of points above top tier (25CP)? Thats acceptable amount and a good reward for additional effort.

Mostly i end at 25CP tier because grinding for 100/250ISO is not very funny. With this, doing nodes after reaching top tier would be much more profitable.

Adding more progress loot tiers above 25CP would do a job as well.
  • Kirinknight
    Hearing too much because we have been starved of ISO but what dilemma does it cause other than freaking out their sale of ISO? Honestly if you gave me 100k ISO I couldn't do much with it except gain some low levels on a 4* and champ one 2*...
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    A favorite suggestion I have heard for how to deal with the problem of progression in PVE is to create a 'store' for the event. Like a vault, but instead of awarding random prizes every item in the vault has a "points" value - and you can spend the points you accrued in the event to purchase items from this special vault.

If they don't want me to grind aggressively in order to collect enough points to buy 6 covers of the feature 3* (or please put a 4* in the store) - then by all means give the store elements a quantity restriction. (1x 4*, 3x 3*, 1x Legendary Token, but then the 1,000 ISO item could be purchased 30x instead.)

Point 'costs' and or quantities of items would need to be adjusted based on the projected '4-clears' point total they seem to be baselining top progression against.

(If someone else proposed this before him, I apologize for the incorrectly given credit, but Aesthetocyst was the one proposing this idea when I was first exposed to it.)