Where I'd like to see PvE end up

2»

Comments

• mpqq
    mpqq Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Crowl wrote:
    mpqq wrote:
    ?? Maybe I don't understand where you're coming from, but the current progression reward system is really easy to obtain. Even if you don't have essentials, I'm certain you could hit maximum progression rewards. Then you want placement rewards to be allocated into the progression reward system? Easier progression probably means players will get those placement rewards; therefore, player would get more covers.

Players seeming to progress by getting more covers is not actually a bad thing.

Think about how many 4*'s there actually are now, it would take almost a year to cover all the existing ones if you got max progression every time, in that time another 2 dozen characters would have been released and you would still need far longer still to fully champion that first group anyway.

I'm not against player progression. I'm just saying that realistically if Demiurge moved the placement rewards into the progression reward system, then it would most likely be a single cover similar as the Gauntlet. Ideally, there should be a 4* star before the CP, similar as the PVP progression reward system. It's just that 4*'s/5*'s are the primary revenue generators, and I don't think they are ready to open to the floodgates. When that time comes, I'm sure they'll release a DDQ like in the past. But honestly, they could just start now, by dividing the current roster of 4*'s into "old" and "new", and just have a DDQ survival node for the older 4*'s. Over time, they would move relatively newer characters into the DDQ.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqq wrote:
    I'm not against player progression. I'm just saying that realistically if Demiurge moved the placement rewards into the progression reward system, then it would most likely be a single cover similar as the Gauntlet. Ideally, there should be a 4* star before the CP, similar as the PVP progression reward system. It's just that 4*'s/5*'s are the primary revenue generators, and I don't think they are ready to open to the floodgates. When that time comes, I'm sure they'll release a DDQ like in the past. But honestly, they could just start now, by dividing the current roster of 4*'s into "old" and "new", and just have a DDQ survival node for the older 4*'s. Over time, they would move relatively newer characters into the DDQ.

Giving out 3 covers a time would not harm their revenue significantly, those who wanted to whale a character would still do that because they wouldn't want to wait a year to finish it off by the scheduled events, they would probably just cover the character one pack sooner is all, there would be no need for them to be as pathetically stingy as they are with the gauntlet.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    mpqq wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Easier progression probably means players will get those placement rewards; therefore, player would get more covers.
    Do not quote me on saying things that I did not say. I specifically said that progression should be harder and not easier.
  • mpqq
    mpqq Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    mpqq wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Easier progression probably means players will get those placement rewards; therefore, player would get more covers.
    Do not quote me on saying things that I did not say. I specifically said that progression should be harder and not easier.

"Easier progression" refers to the developers lowering the effort it takes to hit maximum progression rewards. So, no. That statement doesn't quote you at all.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I was referring to the carrier pigeons guy sorry you were included in the quote mpqq.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I was referring to the carrier pigeons guy sorry you were included in the quote mpqq.

I didn't say what you quoted either.