D3 Go! CS Failures & Selective Alliance Harassment (Take 2)

San Narciso
San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
My previous post was deleted within minutes due to "offensive content and misinformation". (I didn't know things MPQ related could happen that quickly!) I am unsure what misinformation is in here (everything in this post is true) but I have replaced all the "offensive" language with the word "hamburglar" so the message can still be heard despite me simply mentioning, in this post, names that D3 Go! currently permits to exist in the Marvel Puzzle Quest universe.

Below is the edited version:

Recently my alliance and our brother alliance decided to do some reshuffling and form a new group.
Fortunately for me, my new alliance is filled with creative types and there was no shortage of alliance name options.
After days of deliberation, we decided to settle on a name: Alpha hamburglar Up.

The idea was this: we're the Alpha team to Q you up and hit you. Of course, if you kind of say it fast and mumble it a little bit, it may phonetically resemble a certain curse. Whether or not this was intentional is besides the point. The name is Alpha hamburglar Up, with a specific meaning and completely devoid of foul language was changed within a day or two to the completely ridiculous "Alpha Dance" without any communication with anyone in our alliance. A number of us sent in tickets, and D3 Go! refused to reinstate the name. But when we told them the name Alpha Dance was ridiculous and a source for chastisement from the online aggressors who play this game, they changed it (again without talking to us) to Omega Q Up. Which doesn't make sense. Why would we want to be the LAST team to Q you and hit you?

We are an alliance with no rules, and we travel together as a pack and hit shards that are supposedly "owned" by other alliances. It keeps the game fun and fresh for us. However, I do know that this makes us the "enemy" to these mega teams who love to chase points and the invisible grand prize, and spend way too much on shields. That's how they find joy in this game, so more power to them; I respect that. I hope they can learn to respect how we decide to find joy in the game. However, that means they don't like us and are champing at the bit to target us any way they can. But I digress.

I understand somebody probably reported us. In fact, I know who it is. However, this made us, not only a target in the MPQ Line community, but also target to D3 Go!, and I believe we were unjustly dealt with due to Terms and Conditions that CS refused to provide me a copy to. I requested several times to see the T&C that said we could not have a (potentially) phonetically offensive name (if said and enunciated correctly). They followed this exchange up by denying us the name Therapists (because we decided it would be funny to consider ourselves point Therapists by taking them away from other people. However, because it has the word "hamburglar" built in, they refused us that as well. This may not be so insulting if D3 Go! hadn't proceeded to ignore the great deal of names selected by others that are much more blatantly offensive.

You would think with an alliance that has a bank roll of at least $200,000.00 paid to D3 Go! for these rosters, that they would give us the time of day and show us some respect, but they were very rude, terse, and (in my personal opinion, though I am sure they would disagree) failed to provide any relevant info. They treated us poorly, and I have since been very disappointed in the administration behind the scenes of Marvel Puzzle Quest.

We requested some sort of compensation for the ISO I spent creating different alliances due to the name "nerf" and the time we all spent dealing with CS but that was refused as well. Not even a reimbursement because selecting a new alliance name for the season had to happen over the weekend when CS was unavailable.

I spent about 10 seconds looking for more offensive names than "Alpha hamburglar Up" and would like to share them now.

Type "hamburglar" in the alliance search engine and this is what you find:
BadMotherhamburglar
BADMuthAhamburglar
hamburglard_Up
hamburglaremup
hamburglaridk
hamburglaritol
hamburglarKIN MONSTER
hamburglaryhamburglary
hamburglarYoCouch
idontgiveahamburglar
squid_hamburglar
Team hamburglar It

And in shuffling through Qs we found IGNs such as:
hamburglar1977
hamburglarAlova64
hamburglar Critler (not a curse but offensive to an entire race of people)
and of course Ih8uhamburglar (who likes to target my alliance in s5).

The cold, non-personal dealings my entire alliance experienced with D3 Go! during this event was very disheartening and I know there are CS horror stories out there. I would invite others to share as well as this is a game many have made large investments in and has become a hobby for many of us. We put our time and energy into a system that I do believe once cared for its players, but no longer respects the individuals who continue to make the game work. This is one of the factors that will ultimately kill the game, so I would advise D3 Go! to start listening to its players and start showing them/us a little respect.

Cheers,
JB