Countdown to What? (4* speculation)

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We're nearly matching numbers of 3* and 4* (excluding seasonal joke characters).

What comes next?

I believe in The Golden Age, where all 3*s shall be rebalanced to have their own 4* Champion reward and there will be more 4* activities including a DDQ for covers.

Others believe we are heading to The Dark Times, where the light will be blotted out by a downpour of increasingly irrelevant new characters until the whales choke on them prompting the head of Demiurge to personally beat every Dev involved in screwing up a profitable license.

What's everyone's thoughts? What are we looking out for after we hit the Goldilocks zone of 40 4*s?

Comments

• Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I used to watch a Tv program called Restaurant stake out. The troubleshooter is a man called Willie Degel.
    He always said that the customer is king, you give the customers what they want. If the meal is cold you replace it etc etc.

I'm closing in on 1 year playing MPQ and I can see that the customers are not being treated like kings.

With that in mind, the powers that be at MPQ should incorporate into Deadpool's Daily Quest. A daily 4* clash of the titans node.

....and....and....wait for it....every single 7 day event going forward should be a double Iso-8 event.

7 day events are a huge turn off. What better way to get the people playing again.

Thats what I would do treat the players like kings and give them what they want.

Btw....where's all the extra revenue from VIP going?

#nuffsaid
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Uncharitably, I would say all that VIP revenue has gone on the Magic Puzzle Quest <.<

Being less sour, I would hope The Golden Age is real and we're on reheated scraps as an interim measure while they come up with something big for us.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    The advent of the 40th playable 4* is MPQ's Y2K.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but we're more than likely waiting for the 42nd 4* character, not the 40th. Devil Dino and Howard aren't in tokens, so I don't think they're really going to count in terms of Champ rewards or 4 star DDQ or whatever they plan on doing when they get there.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor

I don't mean to be pedantic, but we're more than likely waiting for the 42nd 4* character, not the 40th. Devil Dino and Howard aren't in tokens, so I don't think they're really going to count in terms of Champ rewards or 4 star DDQ or whatever they plan on doing when they get there.

Doesn't matter, and that wasn't the point.

Which is exactly why I said I was being pedantic.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    What we need is the way how to use all those 100+ covers and more ISO to upgrade new covers - this could be done with one step, best with some idle/afk feature like "send characters you dont use to mission for X hours to get ISO = 10* level of a cover.

At current state, game is too boring and there is no serious reason why to have/upgrade/use 80-90% of covers because they are too weak/low level/worste than others. The only reason why to hoard and uprgade covers is championing system but sadly, rewards from championing are mostly new covers, not ISO we desperately need.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    The Herald wrote:
    Uncharitably, I would say all that VIP revenue has gone on the Magic Puzzle Quest <.<

Being less sour, I would hope The Golden Age is real and we're on reheated scraps as an interim measure while they come up with something big for us.

Having never heard of Magic puzzle quest I searched for it on google play and read some of the reviews.

Dear oh dear....some very unhappy customers.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards

I hope that DD and Howard get included in any cover-specific 4* DDQ, it would hardly delay things after all.