A partial solution to RNG and revenue

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
Ok, so in general, whoever came up with the economy of this game does not know what they are doing in terms of pricing iso, hp, VIP etc. in terms of real world money. I have lectured about this in many previous posts. You are pricing these items way too high and would earn much more money by being more realistic with your values. If I can play for a few hours every day and earn more iso than $20 can buy....why would I ever drop $20 for that amount of insignificant in-game currency? The vast majority of your player base has this mentality if your data numbers haven't already told you this.

Ok, obligatory rant aside....I have a potential solution for you to increase revenue, further the importance of a mechanism you recently introduced into the game and help relieve some RNG angst among your players.

Offer daily one-time purchases of character covers by a specific 3* and 4* character each day as follows:

Offer a one-time per day chance to buy 5 random 3* covers for a specific character @ $2.49
Offer a one-timer per day chance to buy 3 random 4* cover for a specific character @ $3.99
A dual package for both of the above plus 5000 iso for $5.99

This would offer you a good source of potential revenue. It would also help reduce RNG complaints to some degree by allowing players to spend $ to further their chances significantly of being able to get that last cover for x character and for those who have completed a character, a way to boost championing in said character. This still keeps a level of RNG because it doesn't guarantee a certain cover color just covers. It would also greatly help the 3* and 4* transition which is a huge and slow crawl at this point and keep more of your players playing and paying. Players could of course only make a once a day purchase in each tier to prevent them from championing a character just like that. With 40 characters in 3* and soon to be 40 in 4* that means that you would only have the opportunity of buying 45 covers a year for a given 3* and 27 covers for a given 4* in A YEAR!!!!!

The game is already past 3* and 4* meta with the introduction of 5* so devs...this no big deal! Capitalize on this to increase revenue now and use this revenue to create new game play modes, new AI villains, and new PvE stories!!!

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I would love to see this, but they have repeatedly turned their backs on ways to help players cover characters with "reasonable" spends.

* Remember when the old event 10-packs would include a guaranteed cover for the event's featured character? Gone. They said they sold way more token packs without the guaranteed character, but chalked that up to us "liking the randomness".
    * Remember when the old lightning round token pack was a 5-pack of tokens that included 1 cover for each of the 5 featured characters in the LRs? Man, those are so gone.

Bringing back something like that could even help people get where they wanted to be a little faster. For example:
    PVP 10 packs include a random cover for the featured character. 40 packs include either: one of each color, or 3x of the feature
    PVE 10 packs could include a random cover for the 3* feature (or have 2 options where the 2nd option is 1 of the 4* essential). 40 packs could include one of each of the essential characters for the event.
    Having 4* PVP events that also included these pack options would be a good add too.

This wouldn't be quite a direct a path as the one you propose, but because it still contains more of an element of randomness it seems more in the realm of possible.