I'm about to shield.

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I know this is crazy wishful thinking, but there should be some sort of feature that tells your pvp opponents "I'm about to shield, so please just let me win this last battle."

It's very annoying when you are one battle away from hitting your target progression, but every time you win, it turns out you are at the same amount of points before the battle, due to others atracking you.

I get it, we should just shield, but it's also that I just spent over an hour trying to hit something, and the last 20+ minutes were trying to finish just one final battle! And now that I've been forced to shield, that means I need to start all over again and find another time of the day where I can devote more solid time to playing, just to hit something I had wanted to be finished with earlier.

That's why I rarely do pvp any more, beyond a few hundred points. I hate needing to schedule my life around shielding times. And even if I make it to 1300? Probably a useless cover that will just lead to 1000 iso anyway. And then the intense frustration that all of that effort was for absolutely nothing and I shouldn't have even bothered.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I know this is crazy wishful thinking, but there should be some sort of feature that tells your pvp opponents "I'm about to shield, so please just let me win this last battle."
    Awesome idea.

I know at least 5 alliances who would make sure that someone with that sign will never hit 1300, ever.

On a more serious note, if you start losing points as fast as you gain them, just shield, line up your cakes in peace, then hop.
    You keep complaining how much you hate the game, why make it even more stressful by setting unrealistic expectations?

Unless you're rocking champed OML/PHX there will be times when you won't get 1300 unshielded.
    Even with those, if you climb at a bad time, you won't make it.

Keep calm, shield and eat some cupcakes.