Inevitable 6* speculation

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
THIS IS NOT A SARCASM THREAD.

It honestly seems to be a progression for the game at some point over the next year.

What does everyone think we will see?

Will they drop star numbers, and move to a named tier? (Epic? Legendary?)

Will they have a new recruit token that pays out 5*s and has the new tier at the 10-15% pay out rate?

Will 4*s get fixed 5* Champion covers?

Do you instead believe the game will completely break from a succession of tiers, and I'm just a crazy person (instead of a crazy person who may be on to something)?

Comments

• mpqq
    mpqq Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Gee, I don't know... Maybe we'll see reiterations of existing characters, characters that don't deserve the rarity, and characters that actually deserve the rarity. My expectations are out the window...
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I think that the graphic would be a star with the number 6 in it to denote the 6*. It won't be this year though, I hope.

What could make it even more frustrating would be to hide the 6* behind a maxed champed 5* character. Like once you get the 114th cover of a 5* that is where you will get the reward for the 6*. This would be very very hard to whale. Well maybe you get a 6* cover on your 114th, 120th, 130th cover of a 5* character.

I really think the champion levels are a really easy way to keep progression going indefinitely. Heck add 50 more levels to 3* to give out rewards for the new 4* characters. Same with the 4* characters. Once there are enough 5* characters out, just increase the 4* champ level +50 and give out 5* covers as rewards.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know if vets grok this or not, but Champion levels are GREAT for us newbies.

It gives us a definitive long term pay out.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    I don't know what they'll do, but I fully expect something beyond the 5* tier.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    6* is a card worth 1 Million Iso when you sell it. Please? ^_^
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Based on their current tiers releases, it'll happen once there are over a hundred 5*s
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    Dazzler As the first 6* of course. There will be 30 4* before they go to next tier tokens. If these tokens are created, they will probably be around the 120 cp. Maybe a reward for the 4* PVP that they will eventually roll out
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, now there is the new black girl Iron Man, probably not enough IM's in the game yet. I don't know my Marvel history well enough to pick out a 6th wolverine.

$500 per cover, no RNG necessary! Cuts out the hopes of the folks that don't matter to the devs anyway.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would say that it makes zero sense to add a tier beyond what the vast majority of players have, but that doesn't mean it won't happen...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Black Bolt seems to indicate that we've now moved into one 5* released per 4* release (as opposed to the previous every 3-4) and we're getting closer to the fabled 40 in the 4* tier, speculation of a 6* tier is not farfetched. 5*s were added around half a year after the completion of the 3* tier so I'd expect an early 2017 release for 6*s.
  • prancerosner
    prancerosner Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I hope they eventually reach this point. My guess is they'd drop the * (star) and use some new tier like diamond or something (1-diamond, 2-diamond). 6 stars or more seems pretty unwieldy, at first glance at least.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just as it was 21st this time a year ago, it's clear that demi will have to do *something* about progression to keep the game going.

They could release mpq2, but the track record for mom/premium sequels is pretty weak.

6*s or some equivalent seem inevitable. They must do something to keep vets with deep 5* rosters interested. And they will then have to make the lower tiers more accessible to give newer players some hope.

I was pretty sure 5*s were coming last year but was surprised at their huge health and match damage. I wonder if demi will be bold enough to completely shake up the meta like that again.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    There won't be a 6* tier since MPQ isn't going to last another year.

That's what many of the thread topics and posts have said. I trust the prediction skills of the forum posters. So we will never know who would have been the first 6* character. icon_e_sad.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I wonder if demi will be bold enough to completely shake up the meta like that again.

Shake up or **** up?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I would say that it makes zero sense to add a tier beyond what the vast majority of players have, but that doesn't mean it won't happen...

I agree with you, it really doesn't make any sense to create an extra layer on top of 5s, but this is a game were new chars is the only new content we get, so I dont know what will happen in a year.

Devs can devalue all the other layers, and make 4s and 5s much easier to get, but that would basically reduce the difference in strength and value of all the other layers, most possibly destroying the game. If you check other games, 5 layers is usually the most they have. At this stage games usually try to create something different, new game mechanics, not normal chars or cards, something different that gives the game a new twist (like Planewalkers in Magic).

So my prediction is we will never see 6s, we might see something completely different, with new game mechanics, but not a new layer of chars.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

I agree with you, it really doesn't make any sense to create an extra layer on top of 5s, but this is a game were new chars is the only new content we get, so I dont know what will happen in a year.

Devs can devalue all the other layers, and make 4s and 5s much easier to get, but that would basically reduce the difference in strength and value of all the other layers, most possibly destroying the game. If you check other games, 5 layers is usually the most they have. At this stage games usually try to create something different, new game mechanics, not normal chars or cards, something different that gives the game a new twist (like Planewalkers in Magic).

So my prediction is we will never see 6s, we might see something completely different, with new game mechanics, but not a new layer of chars.

Polares, I hope you're right, but the track record for devs introducing content that is completely different w/ new game mechanics is pretty poor.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards

That's what many of the thread topics and posts have said. I trust the prediction skills of the forum posters. So we will never know who would have been the first 6* character. icon_e_sad.gif

People have been predicting that MPQ wouldn't make it to the next year since year 1.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

People have been predicting that MPQ wouldn't make it to the next year since year 1.

While true, and I don't believe we have <1 year left, you can't help but think that this next Anniversary is going to be a bit of a make or break situation.

A1 was excellent. A2 was phoned in and really killed morale for a bit, and drove out some long term players. A3 being a retread of existing stuff would likely have a repeat effect.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    The Herald wrote:
    Wolverine (Bone Claws)
    Wolverine (Weapon X)
    Wolverine (Hugh Jackman)
    Wolverine (Red and Brown)
    Wolverine (Age of Apocalypse)
    Wolverine (Symbiote)

Take your pick

None of them as he is part of the X-men. Unless the pissing war between Disney/Fox ends there won't be any more X-men/Mutants in the game.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Phaentom wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    Wolverine (Bone Claws)
    Wolverine (Weapon X)
    Wolverine (Hugh Jackman)
    Wolverine (Red and Brown)
    Wolverine (Age of Apocalypse)
    Wolverine (Symbiote)

Take your pick

None of them as he is part of the X-men. Unless the pissing war between Disney/Fox ends there won't be any more X-men/Mutants in the game.

Wolverine (Lord of the Vampires) disagrees.

page_1_thumb_large.jpg