Awaken pause

Options
MTG_Mage
MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
Awaken should have a button on the card to stop gaining mana when full before the awaken cost starts and any mana gained after the normal cost is filled mana goes to
the next card in hand.

On the subject of cards with awaken, I have noticed clutch of currents has been destroying my creatures targeted with it and not bouncing them. Has anyone else noticed this and can it be looked into please.

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MTG_Mage wrote:
    On the subject of cards with awaken, I have noticed clutch of currents has been destroying my creatures targeted with it and not bouncing them. Has anyone else noticed this and can it be looked into please.

If they are creature tokens they will be destroyed, if it is a reinforced creature only one goes back to your hand, if your hand is full it will not cast.
  • jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of getting this functionality.

Being able to skip the awaken cost of spells and cascade into your next card would be a huge improvement.
  • Irving
    Irving Posts: 95
    Options
    I like that it makes you have to play the odds - am I likely to fill it up this turn, or do I keep it disabled? It also weakens the cards enough to allow the rare ones to be printed (Scatter to the Winds and Ruinous Path would both be oppressive with their current stats if you had that option). That's only for the rare ones, though - all the rest could stand to be powered up a little more, even after the buffs they already got.
  • JanksMcJank
    JanksMcJank Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    +1
    I'd like that as well.

I see that second awaken cost as a drawback because it'll start grabbing extra mana if you don't place/time everything perfectly.
    Because of this, I try to avoid them.