How to remove duplication and improve game

Daddystyx
Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
I was thinking of a way to reward players who master cards in their collection. The problem is once the gold tier their is no further reason to keep mastering your collection. How about a simple solution that will make players play all their off cards in their collection. The really bad cards that we love to open from booster packs and get a million of. Why not make a card have a cutoff that once u master it you can no longer pull it from daily rewards our booster packs. Either that our add another lvl after mastery to enable this feature. This would deff make people come up with some interesting deck ideas to remove some of those hated cards from there packs. I think if every common required the same amount of xp as a mythic to become removed from your booster pack pulls that would be fair. Then double xp for uncommon and triple for mythics.

Any ideas ladies and gents to help get this moving would be great. Just post something to get the idea moving forward. I for one would love something to keep me from pulling my 4 worldbreaker in a row.

V/r

Daddystyx

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Daddystyx wrote:
    Why not make a card have a cutoff that once u master it you can no longer pull it from daily rewards our booster packs.

Well... I have every common and am missing only 3 uncommons. It would be somewhat easy to master them all, then get a couple free dailys, master my last 3 uncommons, then let the rares and mythics pour in with the daily packs, lather rinse repeat. icon_lol.gif

I like the idea though. It's just too abusable. They could always give you bonus manarune.png if you pull a card you have already mastered, above and beyond the duplicate conversion rate.
  • Daddystyx
    majincob wrote:
    Daddystyx wrote:
    Why not make a card have a cutoff that once u master it you can no longer pull it from daily rewards our booster packs.

Well... I have every common and am missing only 3 uncommons. It would be somewhat easy to master them all, then get a couple free dailys, master my last 3 uncommons, then let the rares and mythics pour in with the daily packs, lather rinse repeat. icon_lol.gif

Another idea would be for gem rewards instead of tokens for cards once they are mastered. That way you could at least save up for another pack to have a chance to pull a different card.
  • JanksMcJank
    JanksMcJank Posts: 62 Match Maker
    majincob wrote:
    Daddystyx wrote:

I like the idea though. It's just too abusable. They could always give you bonus manarune.png if you pull a card you have already mastered, above and beyond the duplicate conversion rate.

+1 to the bonus conversion rate based on mastery.
    Also if there are no benefits to hanging onto duplicate cards, why even make you log into another screen to convert them? Just give you the bonus points right then.
  • Daddystyx
    Great idea!

I'm highly upset at the current set as I just spent my gems in a big box on the new set and did t get one rare out of the entire thing. The only thing was the guaranteed at the end but I received triplicate of several common and uncommon. The least they could do is add a code to not give u the same cards once opened inside of a purchase. It would also drive people to buy the bigger boxes as the more you open the less **** you could get towards the end of the transaction.
  • JanksMcJank
    JanksMcJank Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I think my first 5 mythics, 2 were duplicates. So I had 3 mythics and then extra bonus points.

I agree it's abusable to not disallow duplicates, but it would be cool if they were weighted differently.

Cards you don't have: x1 probability
    Cards you have unmastered: x75 probability
    Cards you have mastered: .5 probability

So you can still get duplicates, but it'll make the margin smaller.

I also had a case where I paid for a bundle to get enough gems for a planeswalker. I had enough left over for a big multi-pack of cards. I think I got like 3 new cards that were uncommon.
  • leromeo
    leromeo Posts: 19
    majincob wrote:
    Daddystyx wrote:

Mana runes become useless after you get all the planeswalkers. Who would want those?

Well, ask and ye shall receive. Platinum tier for the late gamers (must be nice seeing how im only bronze, but i'll be damned if I play 18 hours a day to get to gold because I have a life).

ABUSABLE- yeah it would, but you forget about those peeps that have every card anyways because they ABUSED the game by hacking it.
  • leromeo
    leromeo Posts: 19
    majincob wrote:
    Daddystyx wrote:

+1 to the bonus conversion rate based on mastery.
    Also if there are no benefits to hanging onto duplicate cards, why even make you log into another screen to convert them? Just give you the bonus points right then.

If you ask me I think I had the most ingenious idea I sent to d3go in regards to the duplicates. Make the game in the true spirit of Magic the Gathering card game. Minimum 60 card deck, and no more than 4 copies of one particular card. Meaning you would have to have 4 copies of said card in your inventory in order to add it to your deck. So getting duplicates would be needed. After the 4th copy, then yeah, dump them some way by requiring a certain number of dupe commons to get an uncommon, a certain number of uncommons to get a rare, and so on and so forth. As far as the game state itself in what would happen if you or your oppponent's deck ran out. Easy, if you can't draw for your next turn, GAME OVER, you lose. Currently the way the game is now, you could end up playing almost unlimited because your deck count is unlimited, and the amount of copies of one card is unlimited. A PvP match with two decks with lifelink set up could last all day (say hello Gideon).
  • Daddystyx
    Remember everyone that according the forum rules any post that gets 25 thumbs up gets added to their hot item list. So be sure to give the thumbs up on the first post to help to get the Dev's attention on this matter. icon_e_biggrin.gif