Does clearing PVE 7-8 times put you to sleep?

BraneDedDev
BraneDedDev Posts: 59
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ever since the PVE change to 4 clears to start the timer, 3-4 clears for the grind (max points, not stopping when rewards stop) plus 4 clears on the fresh sub, I fall asleep every day playing this game. That is 4+ hours straight in a grind A and clear B night. I wake up to a near-dead battery because my phone is idle, mid-match in a now expired sub. So I'm curious if I am alone.

I was a top 10 pve rank player, now top 50 which I'm ok with but I am bored beyond belief. I do get enough sleep so I'm not sure why I am sleeping again because of this game, I am an active person and I enjoyed PVE, just not the current system.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I view PVE the same way I view LR rounds....something you "have" to do to get any ISO in this game.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ever since the PVE change to 4 clears to start the timer, 3-4 clears for the grind (max points, not stopping when rewards stop) plus 4 clears on the fresh sub, I fall asleep every day playing this game. That is 4+ hours straight in a grind A and clear B night. I wake up to a near-dead battery because my phone is idle, mid-match in a now expired sub. So I'm curious if I am alone.

I was a top 10 pve rank player, now top 50 which I'm ok with but I am bored beyond belief. I do get enough sleep so I'm not sure why I am sleeping again because of this game, I am an active person and I enjoyed PVE, just not the current system.

I don't do it as a 4 hour grind which helps. 2 hours at the start to get to 4 clears then do my other clears throughout the day. I've hit top ten in every PVE but the new release where I finished inside the top twenty doing it this way. Currently 8th in the Hulk PVE.

If you want top 1-5 you probably have to time it that way, otherwise though you really don't if you skip the first murder brackets and wait for a flip.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a competitive player what we have now is pretty much the same as what we had previously.
    The old system was a 6× grind to 1 point then 1 lap on the new sub, 7 laps.
    The new system is 3× grind to 1 point then 4× laps on the new sub, 7 laps.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, but the phone hitting me in the face usually wakes me up...
  • When a game affects your life that much, it's time to walk away.
  • budman59
    budman59 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Hi hope everyone is doing Great!
    But I am so sorry why do we keep having post saying it takes 4hrs to do the clears
    On new pve or even 3hrs? This is crazy.
    Yes I am day 700 something but my roster is not that great.
    And I have not spent tons of money. Can't afford to.
    I am disabled now so maybe a slight advantage but not much.
    I can do the clears in 1hr! So stop all the whining.
    I am very happy for the changes. If I want to win I will if not I just keep having fun.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, whether 1 hour or 4 hours, it puts me to sleep. The excitement of getting a small fraction of the ISO needed to champion another 4* isn't enough to make me want to bother beating the same few enemies I've beaten hundreds if not thousands of times before.

The only PVEs I like are simulator and gauntlet, because at least you are facing enemies who are not dark avengers or (shrudder) symbiotes.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    budman59 wrote:
    But I am so sorry why do we keep having post saying it takes 4hrs to do the clears
    I am very happy for the changes. If I want to win I will if not I just keep having fun.
    While I understand where you are coming from, the reason your clears likely do not take as long as other people's is because your roster "is not that great" as you say.

When you improve your roster, your foes scale in strength exponentially. Even 5 levels at level 475 make a massive difference in damage and health pools. Look at the "Let's see your Hulk" thread... there are people reporting 200,000+ health Hulks! He's not difficult by himself, but 200,000 health is a lot to chew through, and you aren't going to do that in a short amount of time. Even with my level 272 4Thor backed by IM40, my Hulk (who hit 60,000 HP) still took a long time to break.

Life is more difficult in this game the farther you go because scaling gets insane. Yes, multiple PvE clears is sleep-inducing, and no, it does not take only 1 hour with a more advanced roster. I have used MPQ to put me to sleep on a semi-regular basis recently for this very reason...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    budman59 wrote:
    While I understand where you are coming from, the reason your clears likely do not take as long as other people's is because your roster "is not that great" as you say.

When you improve your roster, your foes scale in strength exponentially. Even 5 levels at level 475 make a massive difference in damage and health pools. Look at the "Let's see your Hulk" thread... there are people reporting 200,000+ health Hulks! He's not difficult by himself, but 200,000 health is a lot to chew through, and you aren't going to do that in a short amount of time. Even with my level 272 4Thor backed by IM40, my Hulk (who hit 60,000 HP) still took a long time to break.

Life is more difficult in this game the farther you go because scaling gets insane. Yes, multiple PvE clears is sleep-inducing, and no, it does not take only 1 hour with a more advanced roster. I have used MPQ to put me to sleep on a semi-regular basis recently for this very reason...

I second what budman states, my roster is reasonably well developed and I have a few champed 4* and a 300 oml. Doing the initial 4 clears for me takes about 1 hour 20 mins if the sub is mostly tile movers if it's goons I can do it in an hour. The event does make a difference (venom bomb clears take considerably longer) but generally that's my time.

As for the issue about it being dull? Well I agree there, in order to clear as fast as I do (and using minimal health packs) I sprint through with the same team (fist/oml/cage) so it is pretty boring.

I messed up my bracket in hulk and it's been surprisingly pleasant not aiming for t10 and has allowed me to mess about with teams since I'm not sprinting to the finish
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    It would If I bothered. I do my 4 clears over the length of the sub and call it quits.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    It would If I bothered. I do my 4 clears over the length of the sub and call it quits.

Pretty much the same here. I want my good rewards, then I'm out. The exception being The Hunt as I didn't have Wasp, so I did a little extra grinding to get 25CP.

Placement is a mug's game. Don't play it until it's worth playing.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Where is the option "I don't clear nodes 7-8 times" ?
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Of course.

My main goal for playing PVE is the 25 command points at max progession so I'm not too concerned about the lack of placement rewards, but it has become damn near impossible to do so under this new format. It would be nice to think if I felt like playing a little harder doing so would still be an option, but after day 3 of the hulk event the top 300 players are still neck and neck. I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to give my life away for this game just to get a stinkin' cover. Looks like my only outlet for getting new character covers has been slammed shut.

Or D3 could just be adults about this and expand the placement rewards by 50-100 players. If you are going to start running so many events that require these new characters, you should probably hand them out to more than 10% of your playerbase.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, which is why I don't do it. I usually load up my 5*s and blow through 4 clears of the trivial nodes in the morning, then meander through the rest of the sub whenever I have time, but I rarely do more than 4 clears unless I really need ISO. If I'm really pressed for time I'll only 4-clear the last node and the 4* essential for the CP.

I'll bother screwing around with placement when they find a way to make it not an absolute nightmare - which I don't foresee happening anytime soon.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I fall asleep before I finish even one clear a lot of the time. I actually kinda treat MPQ like a sleep aid.
  • auralgami
    auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Yes. The Hulk event was interminable. Facing the same goons and Dark Avengers over and over...

It also kills me that as I improve, these same, dull enemies get harder, take longer, and do more damage. What they don't do is get anymore interesting or fun...