How Many PvP Losses Is Fair To Expect?

chamber44
chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm solidly in the 4* transition with Rulk (level 220), 4Clops (250), and IMHB (209) being my best toons (but unusable Iceman and Jean). Many of my 3*'s are champed as well.

I can't really pinpoint when it started happening, but i feel like i used to be able to play until nearly 500 without losing a match (unless there was a terrible cascade), but now i can barely hit 100 before losing sometimes 2-4 matches in a row. I'm spending hundreds of ISO skipping around trying to find a match with levels that aren't equal to (if not higher) than my own (and that's not including 5's). It's to the point where I left my (top 100) alliance because the slog just to hit the 750 minimum was not only not fun, but actually (and weirdly) impossible.

Plus, once i'm hitting around 200, I keep getting pummeled with retals (or worse, losses to teams i have no hope of beating retaliating against). This game used to be fun, but now, either i'm stuck in this really weird MMR limbo or D3 has finally broken it for people with rosters like mine (only 10 total 5* covers divided up between 6 toons -- none of whom are leveled at all).

I'm sure i'm not the only one, so my question is this: have i finally reached the point that I should just move on to greener pastures? Is my MMR permanently crippled? Or is reaching 500 without significant usage of Health packs just my new reality?