Official response to NoP ties incoming

Options
Coppertouret
Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I asked Hibernum_JC about how ties work and the issue of the changing rankings when your the first to a point threshold and then someone ranks higher. This was his response:
Sorry it took this long to answer - we're super deep into the next release and I haven't had a lot of time to come on here.

Regardless, I'll ask tomorrow to see what the official stance is. I'm not in charge of this, but I'll ask the people who are.

Comments

• Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So here's the official word.

There is currently a bug with how the leaderboards are handled with regards to ties.

The appropriate behavior should be that the first person who gets to a score "wins" the tie, so that if you reach, say, 60 points first and someone else reaches 60 points second, you will win the tie and should be on top of that score. Currently this is not happening and we are investigating the issue.
  • Coppertouret
    Options
    So here's the official word.

There is currently a bug with how the leaderboards are handled with regards to ties.

The appropriate behavior should be that the first person who gets to a score "wins" the tie, so that if you reach, say, 60 points first and someone else reaches 60 points second, you will win the tie and should be on top of that score. Currently this is not happening and we are investigating the issue.

In the event if a tie, should we put in tickets or accept the results however they come out?
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    so given it's first in first served, in order to be competitive I have to wake up at 4am in the morning and play and win my allotted games as quickly as possible and then check back in every 3.5 hours to play the next round so I'm the first to the ranking and I can't check the leader board because this drops me to last in a tie break situation, I am already just about burnt out but this is crazy, cant they just do if you are on the same points you get the same rewards?
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Abenjes wrote:
    so given it's first in first served, in order to be competitive I have to wake up at 4am in the morning and play and win my allotted games as quickly as possible and then check back in every 3.5 hours to play the next round so I'm the first to the ranking and I can't check the leader board because this drops me to last in a tie break situation, I am already just about burnt out but this is crazy, cant they just do if you are on the same points you get the same rewards?

Some lose out in qb, and some lose out in events. I actually applaud the fact that the events are not ended at same time as qb.

Still, would be nice to share the prize in a tie.

BTW, in your scenario... You really only have to lock in the final score first right? Not rush to play every 4 hours.
  • Coppertouret
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Abenjes wrote:

Some lose out in qb, and some lose out in events. I actually applaud the fact that the events are not ended at same time as qb.

BTW, in your scenario... You really only have to lock in the final score first right? Not rush to play every 4 hours.

The first clears matter the most because they determine the timer countdown. If you clear it later than everyone else, you don't have the option to race at the end. So long as you do the first clear within 4 hours of opening the event, you can reach max points, but first come, first serve on placement.
  • PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    Abenjes wrote:

The first clears matter the most because they determine the timer countdown. If you clear it later than everyone else, you don't have the option to race at the end. So long as you do the first clear within 4 hours of opening the event, you can reach max points, but first come, first serve on placement.

yeah but then if on your last cycle of rounds u end up taking a long time to win your battles you can still end up being second.