Random thoughts to help improve the game

Mimic44
Mimic44 Posts: 4
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
1. Get rid of, or shorten, the 7 day PVE events. They're long, boring, and just drag on forever. Nobody likes them, they need to go. They could be moved to the prologue section and rotated in and out. I believe there's 4, so each one would make an appearance once a month. Make each node re-playable for 70, 100, 140 and 250 iso. It would be something we could do at our leisure without worry of timers and placement grinding while earning some much needed iso.

2. Get rid of covers as placement rewards in pve. My biggest problem with the new system is it caters to the casual players. Hey, you don't want to work that hard? Fine, just do a little grinding an hour or so a day and you'll reach full progression. Meanwhile the rest of us are killing ourselves for a few 4*'s. I've seen events were max progression was 30-35k and the top scorer ended up at 90-100k. That's a lot of grinding without much to show for it. So let's set max at 30-35, then every say 8-10k earns you a card. 40,50,60 gets you a 3* each, 70, 80, 90 gets you a 4* each. The points needed would have to be adjusted per event of course, just using those as examples. So what about final placement? Those should be the accumulation of the sub rewards. Example: 3 subs pay out 2 recruit tokens and 1k iso each for first, so whomever finishes first would get 6 recruit tokens and 3k iso at the end of the event. This way everyone gets what they want out of pve, you can grind as much or as little as you want, and you can reward both the casual and hardcore players.

3. All new characters (4* anyways) get their own Civil War/Galactus type event instead of being released through pve. Alliances work together and if they meet progression everyone gets one of each cover.

4. Bring back Lightning Round tokens.

5. Adjust the token system. Standards become 1 and 2* only, Heroics become 3 and 4* only, while LT's and cp stay the same. Of course the draw rate on 2's for the standards would have to be raised significantly, but seriously how many 1* covers do you think we need??

6. Bring back events like Growth Industry. Each node was worth 2k in iso, and you got a 4* at the end, definitely worth the time spent. They could run for 7 days and rotate rewards each week. Would be another little thing we could do at our leisure.

7. Add a 4* wave to the DDQ. You can only play if you have the required hero that day, make it 2 waves, each rewarding another taco token.

8. Get rid of critical boosts as a reward in pve nodes. Seriously, I'd rather have 20 iso.

9. Almost forgot this one, but bring back 3 stars!! There are several heroes not in the game that would fit perfectly as 3's. Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Jublee just to name a few. 3's are still a valued part of the game, and you still see some (mostly the AP generators) in pvp. They're easier to obtain, easier to level and champ, and most importantly would reward some of the newer 4*'s. I know I know, it's been said several time they're not going to make anymore 3's, but it's my post and I'll ask for what I want icon_e_biggrin.gif

I honestly don't expect any of this to happen, but thought they were good ideas and I'd share them. Thoughts?

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    this should be put in the "wasteland" call suggestion forum. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    One thing I fully agree with: getting rid of critical boosts.

The rest of suggestions aren't as much about improving the game, but rather things that you want and you will benefit from.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    One thing I fully agree with: getting rid of critical boosts.

The rest of suggestions aren't as much about improving the game, but rather things that you want and you will benefit from.

I think they'd improve the game immeasurably.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    There was a recent thread complaining about how frustrating health packs tend to be.

I thought of an idea today where they'd implement a game mode where you could wager unused health packs as the stakes for some very difficult fights, that grant roster slots for winning.

So maybe for example, every week on Wednesdays you have the opportunity to wager 11 health packs at a time, for the chance to fight some really challenging troll node that you're really unlikely to win. But if you do, hey presto, brand new shiny roster slot. That way there's a reason not to feel bad about letting health pack cooldowns go to waste.

This is similar to what Soda Crush does with its "King for a minute" events.