THe irregularities in rewards

Cunneryn
Cunneryn Posts: 112
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Rosterwise I am far from being in the elite. I am in 3* land slowly transitionning to 4*land, but I still see a huge irregularity in cover rewards in PVP.

Let me explain. With a 4* roster, what you want is LT top get a chance at 5* and possibly some 4*
With a 3* roster, what you want is 4* and possibly some 3*
With a 2* roster, what you want is 3* and possibly some 2*

In PVP, the placement rewards are a 4* for first place and 3* for T100. However, who can reach first place? 5* roster, who doesn't need that cover. I agree that 4* roster can also get that placement, although its way more difficult, and they still can use some of the rewards. T100 is extremely hard to achieve with a 3* roster and even more with a 2* roster, wich are the 2 types of rosterthat can benefit the most from these reward. Most of the time T100 is obtained by 4* that don't really want nor need the covers.

As for progression, it's a bit better considering that the 800 mark give a 3* cover is is accessible by 9* roster (to be honnest that's just a guess, be cause so far i've never been able to reach 800 points to to more retaliations occuring in on fight, netting in negative points for doing each fights). 1k mark and the 4* also seems like a good amount of point easily reaqchable by 4* roster, even though I think it should be more easily doable by 3* roster (but that's just my opinion).

In PVE the problem is not as obvious, althogh the increase in scaling for higher roster penalizes you for leveling your caracter. Why would a 1* roster be able to gain the exact same rewards as 5* roster while the enemies are 50 times tougher (no calculation done, only a guess).

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some reward tiers are not supposed to be achievable to the entire community. Even the 3* rewards are generally gated to 4* and above rosters (barring extraordinary effort, with a little luck). Progress is weighted toward the haves. Have-nots have to scrabble, hope for favorable brackets that will get them covers.

When you enter the 4* zone, the equation flips. The dearth of covers is no longer an issue - Iso is. Eventually you get to a place where you have more potential levels than you can spend on, and you no longer care about covers. The driving force becomes either "Iso", or in many 5* cases "that cover".

There's an ebb-and-flow, but it's not geared toward rapid advancement. Rapid advancement in-game would mean you have no reason to purchase - HP, VIP, Iso. Bear in mind, you paid nothing to start playing, but people are working on it, and they've got bills. Cynical as it may be, the game requires cash to keep going. This is how they manage it. If you progressed faster there would be no incentive to buy.
  • Cunneryn
    Calnexin wrote:
    Some reward tiers are not supposed to be achievable to the entire community. Even the 3* rewards are generally gated to 4* and above rosters (barring extraordinary effort, with a little luck). Progress is weighted toward the haves. Have-nots have to scrabble, hope for favorable brackets that will get them covers.

When you enter the 4* zone, the equation flips. The dearth of covers is no longer an issue - Iso is. Eventually you get to a place where you have more potential levels than you can spend on, and you no longer care about covers. The driving force becomes either "Iso", or in many 5* cases "that cover".

There's an ebb-and-flow, but it's not geared toward rapid advancement. Rapid advancement in-game would mean you have no reason to purchase - HP, VIP, Iso. Bear in mind, you paid nothing to start playing, but people are working on it, and they've got bills. Cynical as it may be, the game requires cash to keep going. This is how they manage it. If you progressed faster there would be no incentive to buy.

I get that some rewards should not be achievable by the entire comunity and I agree with that. I'm just stating that the the people that can get them don't need them.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Calnexin wrote:

I get that some rewards should not be achievable by the entire comunity and I agree with that. I'm just stating that the the people that can get them don't need them.

much, much truer before champing. since champing, the vast majority of 3 and 4 star covers have at least that progression value which adds up quite a bit over time.
  • Cunneryn
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Calnexin wrote:

much, much truer before champing. since champing, the vast majority of 3 and 4 star covers have at least that progression value which adds up quite a bit over time.

I can only agree to that, but I still consider that the whole rewards structure needs a rethinking.
  • Championing threw "not needing" a cover out of the window.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Championing or not, them offering up Sentry as an acceptable reward for a second place finish at this point in the game is a **** embarrassment. They should be ashamed at how stingy they are.