I never get any covers for....

hesjingixen
hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just curious, who are the folks that you NEVER seem to get covers for. More specifically, I'm curious about those folks that you WANT to get covers for, but never do. For me it's Nova (currently 1/1/1, 2 of those from the release event) and X-23 (currently 1/1/2, 2 of those from the release event). I just never see covers for these two. Also, I'm only curious about entire heroes you never see, not specific colors (like my 0/3/3 Iceman or 5/5/0 Falcon).

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    phoenix 2/0/0 when my SS is 1/7/7 and OML is 4/1/7. love me some RNG! icon_rolleyes.gif

edit: corrected my ss and oml builds.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fan-Based: X-23. I love the character. I enjoyed playing her in her release event, but since that I've got two covers. Daken's poised to give me a fourth, but after that I'm RNG dependent.

Gamewise: TA Hulk. I cannot eat enough hot dogs. Kobayashi should be bowing to my....

</troll>

Jean Grey. Monster deterrent with an unusual color complement. I got one cover from her PvE, and 4 more dribbling in over time. I don't think I've ever used her. Punishing 5* matches shuts down a significant portion of the strategies out there. I want.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Winter Soldier covers are very rare for me. I have four in total, I think only one came from a token. On the other hand, my War Machine has 10 covers and I have two green covers (maxed already) in my queue.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Winter Soldier covers are very rare for me. I have four in total, I think only one came from a token. On the other hand, my War Machine has 10 covers and I have two green covers (maxed already) in my queue.

My entire alliance seems to be unable to get Bucky covers. I think I have the most with a 2/3/2 - a few have never gotten even a single cover beyond the ones we got in the release event.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Goblin & 5 spidey for me

I dont have lots of 5* but have 8-9 covers in most of them except only 1 for Goblin & 2 for spidey - I have 6 each in both Cap & IM who are way newer.

In 4* land I'm same as OP - Nova covers - I have a lot of 4* maxed covers but only have 6 nova covers
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

My entire alliance seems to be unable to get Bucky covers. I think I have the most with a 2/3/2 - a few have never gotten even a single cover beyond the ones we got in the release event.

This is weird, I also can't get almost any Bucky covers. Both Kate and Moon already have 8 covers, WarM 11 but Bucky just 5 :S
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

This is weird, I also can't get almost any Bucky covers. Both Kate and Moon already have 8 covers, WarM 11 but Bucky just 5 :S

Bucky was my first 2 cover 4*, since then .... nothing.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I know this is all a bunch of confirmation bias but I'll join in...me too!!! Bucky is sitting at 1/1/1, WM has 8 covers and MK 7. Kate only has 4 so she's also kinda languishing behind but RNG is a fickle mistress indeed.

edit to add: Many of these characters have had either 0 or 1 "cycles" through in PvP and never awarded a second time in PvE either. So, we have to rely only on lucky gold tokens where per character draw rates are abysmal or on LTs, where you're more likely to draw any particular 5* character (3%) than any particular 4* character (2.5%). These results shouldn't really be surprising to anyone.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Jean Grey.

First 4 star cover I ever got when I started playing over a year ago was a JG pink. Fast forward 365 days & she is sitting at 1/1/1. One of my least covered 4s by far.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    It's Kate and Moon Knight for me, but they are both too new to get that mad about. For quite a while, it was Quake, but I just finished her, and then pulled two more covers, so now it's a rush to champ her.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Jean and Cyclops are my unicorns, and 6 and 5 covers apiece. In comparison, I've gotten 11 covers for Mr F, 10 for Rulk and Iceman, and 14 for X-23 in that same timespan.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hadn't pulled an XFW cover in like a year and a half until about a week or so ago.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    OML, where my 700 day (or whatever) finally moved him to 1/1/1. The only character that matters and I can't find any covers...and no where to win them. RNG-only progression, ever so much fun.

Patch was/is the same way though - I remember when he was the lord of the PVP climbs and I could never find his green covers. First day of champing I opened tons of tokens and champed all of my max 3*'s....except Patch. I still think he's the lowest level of all the 3*'s I champed day one, and lower than several I champed way after him.

XF I bought the final 3 or 4 covers with HP, couldn't get that Wolvy the "real" way.

Even the 2* Wolvy - I didn't max him for a long time when I started because I found Thor/Ares covers much more quickly.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Chulk. A rare mercy. I earned one cover upon arrival and never saw another.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Loki - Only one of my day 1 3* champs to not reach 180 yet and been passed by a bunch of characters that were 2-3 months after him.

4* Cyclops - Still only 4 Covers and all of them were won. Never gotten one out of a token.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've mentioned this elsewhere: the single Venom cover I have was from the placement reward in his release. Meanwhile, Miles (who was released the week before or after) is max-covered.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Carnage. 2 green so far. Meanwhile I've sold Gwen 9 times.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Teen Jean. From the time of her release till now I've gotten exactly 3 from cover packs. I'm surprised I even have a total of 7 covers for her at all.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Winter Soldier - mine is currently 0/2/2 and three of those covers came from the event. Also Moon Knight (one of my favorite characters) is only 2/0/0.
  • With the plethora of 4* out there now, we're probably all in the same boat. A bit of pull luck with a few characters but many seeming to not show up. Plus you will always remember the **** pulls since they are gut-wrenching when you've worked so hard to get the CP.