What's the craziest comeback you've seen?

Options
Deus422
Deus422 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Ive had some pretty insane comebacks, like dropping to about 50% health and then taking down my opponent from full health, but I just had a game where the computer was at 30 health while I was at 118 with Ajani. Opponent had a hand emptying turn after having mediocre matches at best, casts 3 Scours, a From Beyond, 2 more creatures and preceded to stall out my attacks with From Beyond and topdeck 2 more scours for the next creatures I played that didnt immediately die to the Scion tokens, and I couldnt make any decent matches for the rest of the game. I normally get annoyed when the opponent has rediculous turns like that, but I cant help but be impressed by that comeback.

Comments

• Deus422
    Options
    Should probably specify that due to double strike, I had lethal on board that turn as well.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    I had Kiora down to 4hp with 30+ damage worth of face damage next turn.

Days undoing and crush of tentacles reset the board and had him ahead after an insane cascade. I managed to scour his octopus the next turn, but that was the last card I ever managed to cast.
  • UrbanNinja
    Options
    I was full hps against Gideon 2. I failed to use a 5 swap to get another creature out for the win. I thought I was ok with what I had but miscalculated 4 hps. Then a bunch of Smite the Monstrous, Veteran Warleader and a throng of 2/2 White Knights until I died.

I could have won, but made a small mistake and regret it ever since
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Me Nissa down to 1 HP against a full health Liliana who had managed to destroy all our creatures (mine had defender) and discarded me to no cards.

Managed to topdeck cascade cast From Beyond and managed to stall long enough to get out Greenwarden of Murasa, Birthing Hulk, and rode perpetual Eldrazi home for the win!
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    indeed! crush of tentacles always crushes my ****!
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    About the third time through the PvE against Kozilek, the Great Distortion. I'd been having good battles but winning reasonably easily in the past.

I'm camping and my cell phone internet is almost non existent, I could play occasionally but I was never 100% sure if i would have I-net by the time the battle was over. I fought him a few times and just got blasted, kept tweaking deck to to try and win but I was convinced his power had been increased 10x.

BTW, I'm playing Jace deck with Exert Influence as the main card with http://decktester.com/Cards/Details/DisplacementWave if I need to get rid of his Sphinx of the Final Word.

Got in a very long battle, after he's down past 100 hp there were several times I was sure I was done but I'd get lucky and weasel out of it. And then it comes to:

I have 3 HP he has maybe mid 40's. He has Linvala, the Preserver and I have nothing but supports.
    I have an Exert Influence but not the mana to cast it. I'm sure I am dead. I choose a 4 match anyway to watch my death and I forgot I had Prism Array. Linvala disabled and he doesn't kill me.

I make it to the next round, Exert his Linvala and get some life back and close the deal.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    left with 1hp and won against a Kiora because she tentacle crushed her full deck of Sphinx of the final word, drowner of hope and drone blockers for a 16/16 octopus, which I am able to grip of desolation out of, which was impossible if the Sphinx was around.

I am playing Liliana. icon_e_smile.gif

best game ever.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My craziest comeback is now being able to get back into the game after maintainence
  • Deus422
    Options
    soultwist wrote:
    My craziest comeback is now being able to get back into the game after maintainence
    Savage