Don't open OGW boosters from PvP

Options
UrbanNinja
UrbanNinja Posts: 66
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
In a few weeks, most "Exclusive" Cards will become available to all. I'm waiting for that moment to open the boosters received from PvP events. I just hope packs are not pre-rolled

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    UrbanNinja wrote:
    In a few weeks, most "Exclusive" Cards will become available to all. I'm waiting for that moment to open the boosters received from PvP events. I just hope packs are not pre-rolled

How many have you saved so far
  • UrbanNinja
    Options
    2. IT'S GONNA BE AMAZING!!!!

Or a whole bunch of Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim...
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ayli is the only non-exclusive rare I'm missing so that could have gone worse.

I have 3 of them saved since I never managed to beat kozi.

Ready for my 3 inverters of truth.
  • khurram
    Options
    I have 5 Aylis. She is eternally haunting me
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I'd rather get them now, and have a (very slighly!) higher chance of getting a Mirrorpool or Crush of Tentacles.
  • KroNoS
    KroNoS Posts: 38
    Options
    could have sworn there was already confirmation that cards spawn on receiving pack not when you open them.

i may be wrong?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I was glad to open mine.

Got an Oath of Nissa for my Gold progression reward and a mirrorpool from the pack.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    I think I'd rather get them now, and have a (very slighly!) higher chance of getting a Mirrorpool or Crush of Tentacles.

I was thinking of this last night. Mirrorpool + Sigil of the Empty Throne + Starfield of Nyx would summon an 8/8 angel every turn.
  • khurram
    Options
    soultwist wrote:
    shteev wrote:

I was thinking of this last night. Mirrorpool + Sigil of the Empty Throne + Starfield of Nyx would summon an 8/8 angel every turn.

Yes, it does result in an 8/8 angel each turn.

It also means that it keeps summoning mirrorpool each turn and you can forget about getting any support destroyed earlier that you may want returned. Also once this starts you cant reinforce anyother creature with mirrorpool.

It is nifty though
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    Options
    khurram wrote:
    Also once this starts you cant reinforce anyother creature with mirrorpool.

You can still play a new mirrorpool and play a creature right after on the same turn.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    Netatron wrote:
    khurram wrote:

You can still play a new mirrorpool and play a creature right after on the same turn.
    Not really. Playing the new mirror pool would again trigger Sigil of the Empty Throne, and it would disappear before the creature entered.
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    Options
    Netatron wrote:
    khurram wrote:

Not really. Playing the new mirror pool would again trigger Sigil of the Empty Throne, and it would disappear before the creature entered.

Oh right. Still, that's an 8/8 for 4 mana!