2»

Comments

• Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Diarchos wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Diarchos,

How did you manage it with just 3 red covers? That's quite a neat trick. I ddn't think this one was possible without 4 red covers; cyc just doesn't do enough damage without it.

I was able to deny red and blueand black decently. I used blue strategicly to set up 2 crits with team up.

Used red to clear all dangerous green. When he finally got overdrive he killed himself.

But like I wrote. It took 8 tries so it wasn't easy.

I think you are underselling your achievement. Even withv8 tries, I have never heard of anyone beating this fight below 130, it with fewer than 4 red covers. Well done!
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Diarchos wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Diarchos,

How did you manage it with just 3 red covers? That's quite a neat trick. I ddn't think this one was possible without 4 red covers; cyc just doesn't do enough damage without it.

I was able to deny red and blueand black decently. I used blue strategicly to set up 2 crits with team up.

Used red to clear all dangerous green. When he finally got overdrive he killed himself.

But like I wrote. It took 8 tries so it wasn't easy.

I think you are underselling your achievement. Even withv8 tries, I have never heard of anyone beating this fight below 130, it with fewer than 4 red covers. Well done!

Thx a lot for the kind words!
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Took 7 tries with a 4/1/3 cyclops. The first try I had him down to 800 health so I would have had it if I just used match damage boosts. I loaded those up and gave it some more tries. Took a lucky board with some Blue and Red 5 matches to get things going. The last try I actually had 90% of my health left, HB just didn't get any moves off.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two tries with 156 5/1/1, boosted +2 all, +2 TU, +50% TU damage (lol) (I've never used this one before). In the winning game, I was able to get fire red twice (with 10+ TUs), which was enough to take IMHB down. The only power he got off was Hulkproof, once. The key for me (aside from having 5 red) was using blue to effectively give me two turns in one turn -- if a red match-3 was available along with some other match, I used the blue to collect the red, and then made the other match.

Banking the LT because I pulled a 5* Cap last night and would rather wait for BB to be added first, I guess.
  • lukewarm
    lukewarm Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Thought the game was trying to be encouraging by providing two Cyke covers last week, but I've quickly come to realize my 2/2/1 111 isn't yet up to the task.
  • RAW10 APPLE
    RAW10 APPLE Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Cyclops 5/2/2 lvl 70, beat him first try with +2R/Y, +2B/P, and +50 % R/Y. Never played Cyclops before he is really fun. It was an okay board not in his or my favor, denied red blue and black, he was able to use his black but i killed him the next turn. Going to be using cyclops move often.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Diarchos wrote:
    Managed to take him down on the eighth try.

Lvl 127 3-0-2. Used + 2 y&r AP, +100% match dmg and + 2 All AP

Was really tough but worth the effort icon_cool.gif

I'll have to bow to you, sir. My 3/3/1 @ 152 just isn't getting it done. I had one match where he was down to 346, but had his punch charged. I had hoped the 42k (plus whatever I spent on boosts) ISO wouldn't be a waste, but hopefully next time.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Decided to give a try before bed yesterday. Gt it on the third try. Level 117 2/4/2 (+all, +RY, +ap all).
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    With my 0/1/4 Cyc, I only gave this two cursory tries, which made it clear it wasn't going to happen.

The real defeat for me was that I'd saved up 30 taco tokens specifically for this vault, theoretically giving me a 10% chance of pulling Cyc. Not only did that not happen, but I didn't pull any of the 4*s from the vault (which my math says should have been about a 40% chance). /sad trombone.

Thankfully, I should be in better shape for the next two crashes, with an 11-cover Rulk and champed X-23.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    3/5/3, lvl 161 in the end. Any lower level didn't seem feasible after a few tries. Dumped all my iso into him. Boosted match damages, all the way. HB ended at 10 red ap, would have downed my Cyke next turn. I think I played quite close and sharp game. Anyone who has pulled this off at lower lvl and/or covers has done incredibly well!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone actually like these?

i hate how board dependent they are. with 40 4 stars they may as well make it 3 v 3 with a required 4 star.

Anyway,

2/4/3 172 and it doesn't feel worth it for one of like 40 4 stars.