hello i'm a new player

can i have some advice about good strategy and planes? and also which is the best way to spend my mana cristals as a beginner.
thanks for the help.

Comments

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Card Pack Purchase Stats
    *As of 9 August 2016*

Origins
    Booster: 5 cards for 60 crystals (12 crystals / card)
    Fat Pack: 20 cards for 200 crystals (10 crystals / card)
    Big Box: 70 cards + 1 Rare+ for 600 crystals (8.5 crystals / card)

Battle for Zendikar (BFZ) [+ Oath of Gatewatch (OGW)]
    Booster: 5 cards for 60 crystals (12 crystals / card)
    Fat Pack: 20 cards + 1 OGW card for 200 crystals (9.5 crystals / card)
    Big Box: 70 cards + 5-card OGW booster with 1 Rare+ for 600 crystals (8 crystals / card)

It's hard to say which set is better. The bulk of the rewards in-game now are BFZ. But Shadow over Innistrad (SoI) is releasing in a week's time so that may change. Your best option is to look at the commons and uncommons of each set and figure one which set has more cards which you would want to have. If you just want crystal efficiency in buying cards, currently BFZ Big Box is the way to go.

Your free 8-hourly boosters can give you cards from Origins, BFZ and OGW. Tap the "View Cards (i)" on the top right of the banner to see the cards you can potentially draw in that pack.

How to maximise your crystals / planeswalkers to get
    Crystals to spend
    Crystal spending advice
    what should I use crystals for
    Which PW should I buy next?
    Buying a dual-colour PW with mana crystals - cost vs pow

Other useful links
    How to build with a poor card pool
    Building on a Budget
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    best advice i can give is try to build a deck and try it out on story line low level at first then higher till it is a tough battle, if cards sit in your hand consider trading them for other ones, i find it useful in story mode to always look and see what their skill is and prepare for it to happen when it come up, your ready for it. same goes for quick battles since the computer doesnt save them up for better effect. lot of the common cards do a watered down version of the gold and mythic cards so use the poor mans versions until you get better cards. get all the boosters you can and enter the events free cards and stones are just that free.