Prediction time!

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have seven 4* past the halfway mark on covers (7+ of 13) and another five with 6 covers. So let's have some fun and try to predict who my first 13-cover 4* will be.

Poll choices are sorted first by number of covers; where ties exist, the order of predecence is determined by who's had more covers for longer.

For the "field" option, the 6-cover characters are as follows:

Elektra (2/2/2)
Jean Grey (1/2/3)
Mr. Fantastic (3/1/2)
She-Thor (2/2/2)
Thing (2/3/1)

Full disclosure: I have yet to successfully reach 2000 points in the S.H.I.E.L.D. sim, nor do I play PVP anywhere near enough to reach the 1k/1300 marks in events, so using prizes available at those tiers to try to predict coverage is a fool's game.

I'm in a fairly casual alliance, one I'm not inclined to leave (for various reasons) so covers from alliance rewards aren't a thing.

This is purely pulls from Heroic, Event, and Legendary tokens, and how the whims of RNGesus affect those pulls.

Guess away! I'll update this post if and when the momentous day arrives.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    :hulkcho:.

seconded.

icon_hulkcho.png has a way of finding you
  • DFiPL
    That would require me to keep him when I pull him!
  • DFiPL
    Gonna give this a bump because I'm interested to see how the votes have shaken out so far and I want to give it a little more time.
  • DFiPL
    When I first posted this topic, I had 7 4* characters with 7+ covers. Today, as I reach my first 13-cover 4*, that number is up to 13.

For posterity, the 7+ 4* in numerical order from seven weeks ago:

Nick Fury - 3/4/3, 10 covers
    Star-Lord - 2/4/4, 10 covers
    Professor X - 3/5/0, 8 covers
    Ghost Rider - 2/2/4, 8 covers
    Invisible Woman - 3/1/3, 7 covers
    Ant-Man - 4/2/1, 7 covers
    Deadpool - 5/1/1, 7 covers

The poll results ranked Star-Lord as most likely to be my first fully-covered 4*, with 14 of 42 votes cast for him. He gained one red cover from a Legendary Token, as neither of his 3* feeders reached 183 before Unveiling Day arrived. He finished the race 2/4/5.

In second place was Nick Fury, edging Invisible Woman by a single vote, taking 12/42 to her 11/42. Today's pull of a purpleflag.png pushed Fury past the finish line first, making him 4/5/4. Invisible Woman jumped from 3/1/3 to 3/3/5, raising her from 7 to 11 covers. She might have finished with at least 12 covers, but a Legendary pull last week yielded her greenflag.png which, as you can see, is already maxed.

Overall, 37/42 votes were cast for characters who received either 2 or 3 covers via the Daily Resupply, which in retrospect, is probably where the smart money always lay.

Professor X got one blue cover along the way, from 3* Magneto's champion rewards, but also had two consecutive LT pulls result in his purpleflag.png which has been maxed out for...a really long time. He has a blueflag.png upcoming in the daily resupply, but that yellowflag.png proves elusive.

Ghost Rider gained a couple covers in the last several weeks, but not enough to catch the leaders, and finished 3/2/5.

Likewise, Ant-Man gained two covers as well, and finished 5/3/1.

Finally, Deadpool gained three covers, finishing 5/2/3. He may or may not have had a duplicate redflag.png that could have been better used by his other two powers, but I'm only hazily sure of that.

In the "field" category, we had the following:

Elektra (2/2/2)
    Jean Grey (1/2/3)
    Mr. Fantastic (3/1/2)
    She-Thor (2/2/2)
    Thing (2/3/1)

The only member of that group to gain more than a single cover was Thing, who vaulted from 2/3/1 to 4/3/2, and has another redflag.png coming in the daily drop in a few days. Valiant effort, but he simply started from too far behind the leaders to have a shot at this thing.

Finally, here's the list of my 7+ cover 4* now, a few weeks on:

Nick Fury (4/5/4)
    Star-Lord (2/4/5)
    Invisible Woman (3/3/5)
    Deadpool (5/2/3)
    Ghost Rider (3/2/5)
    Ant-Man (5/3/1)
    Sam Wilson (Captain America) (3/2/4)
    Professor X (4/5/0)
    Thing (4/3/2)
    Hulkbuster (4/1/3)
    Elektra (2/3/2)
    Jean Grey (2/2/3)
    Kingpin (1/4/2)
    Mr. Fantastic (3/1/3)
    She-Thor (2/2/3)

From 7 to 15 characters halfway (or further) to full coverage. And only one of the covers involved came from SCL.