Coalitions

Options
majincob
majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So I heard from a reliable source that coalitions will have a 20 player cap. I'm trying to set up a competitive coalition on the Facebook group page for the community involved players.

If you are not in the Facebook group yet you should check it out, it's pretty fun to talk about events and stuff while it happens.

If you are not on Facebook, PM me if you are interested in a coalition. Due to the cap we may make multiple coalitions with different goals: newbies, whales, QB addicts, PVE completionists etc.

EDIT: Fill out this form if you are interested.

Comments

• UrbanNinja
    Options
    What's a whale.

Can you remind me the point of coalitions again?
  • majincob
    Options
    UrbanNinja wrote:
    What's a whale.

"Whale" is the freemium industry term for the very small percentage of players who pay lots of real money on the game. They are the intended market for the game in the real "how do we get paid" sense.
    UrbanNinja wrote:
    Can you remind me the point of coalitions again?

They are the clan/guild/team thing they are adding. I am presuming that being in a coalition will provide benefits and that those benefits will be better if your coalition ranks well against the others.

As far as I know coalition standings will be determined by the achievements of the group members somehow.
  • aesith
    aesith Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Well why not. Request sent.
  • pacha
    pacha Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why not, i just sent you a PM.
  • majincob
    Options
    Alright, we have passed 40 people interested in coalitions. Please fill out this form so I can start sorting people out by their preferences.

I was thinking of having one coalition (Mythic) that is focused on competition with the 20 most dedicated people in it.

Another coalition (Gold) also focused on competition that would feed its top players to the Mythic coalition by swapping out people who want to take a break or who are at the bottom of performance.

The people who are more casual, newbie, or are resting from burnout would be in one or more other associated coalitions (Silver, Bronze).

Pros: makes the most competitive single coalition while allowing for movement between coalitions based on desire and schedule.

Cons: Only 20 people can be in top coalition at any time.

We don't know if coalition rewards will be based on rank or if they will be objective based or some of both. I am assuming the best prizes will be from a ranked competition which is why I proposed this system. If it is objective based it would be better to spread out the hardcore players so that they could be anchor players guaranteeing best prizes for the greatest amount of people.
  • pacha
    pacha Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Form duly filled!

Thanks for this initiative Majincob
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    Alright, we have passed 40 people interested in coalitions. Please fill out this form so I can start sorting people out by their preferences.

I was thinking of having one coalition (Mythic) that is focused on competition with the 20 most dedicated people in it.

Another coalition (Gold) also focused on competition that would feed its top players to the Mythic coalition by swapping out people who want to take a break or who are at the bottom of performance.

The people who are more casual, newbie, or are resting from burnout would be in one or more other associated coalitions (Silver, Bronze).

Pros: makes the most competitive single coalition while allowing for movement between coalitions based on desire and schedule.

Cons: Only 20 people can be in top coalition at any time.

We don't know if coalition rewards will be based on rank or if they will be objective based or some of both. I am assuming the best prizes will be from a ranked competition which is why I proposed this system. If it is objective based it would be better to spread out the hardcore players so that they could be anchor players guaranteeing best prizes for the greatest amount of people.

Filled it out. Thanks for putting in the work on this, it's appreciated.
  • JakkuFurosu
    Options
    Sounds good
  • Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Options
    What about involved in the community here, but not there? (I haven't logged into FB for like...5 years, now.)
  • majincob
    Options
    Coconut99 wrote:
    What about involved in the community here, but not there? (I haven't logged into FB for like...5 years, now.)

We are taking everyone. Just fill out the survey if you are interested.
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    Might want to edit your first post to have a link to the form. I filled it out and in doing so realized that I have a google+ account by proxy thanks to gmail, so I guess I could actually use social media for something. Life is so much enjoyable without it, though! icon_e_wink.gif
  • rob443
    rob443 Posts: 97
    Options
    I'm also in. Since i just started playing about 6 weeks ago, my collection is not that big yet. But i haven't missed a login rewards since i started playing. Hope to maybe participate in second or third tier.
  • Xefroziner
    Options
    My in game name is Xefroziner and I'm James Riedman on Facebook. I requested to join the Facebook group. I have over 500 cards and all plans walkers. I have great decks strategies and want to be in a great and fun coalition.
  • majincob
    Options
    Xefroziner wrote:
    My in game name is Xefroziner and I'm James Riedman on Facebook. I requested to join the Facebook group. I have over 500 cards and all plans walkers. I have great decks strategies and want to be in a great and fun coalition.

Just fill in the intake survey linked in the original post and we will hook you up!
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    So I heard from a reliable source that coalitions will have a 20 player cap. I'm trying to set up a competitive coalition on the Facebook group page for the community involved players.

If you are not in the Facebook group yet you should check it out, it's pretty fun to talk about events and stuff while it happens.

If you are not on Facebook, PM me if you are interested in a coalition. Due to the cap we may make multiple coalitions with different goals: newbies, whales, QB addicts, PVE completionists etc.

EDIT: Fill out this form if you are interested.
    Applied, look forward to hearing from you.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What is the name of the coalition?
  • majincob
    Options
    Gideon wrote:
    What is the name of the coalition?
    We are testing GoblinPile to see how many we can actually cram into the coalition. ... Although I saw that yours was up to 22 before the game went down again. icon_lol.gif

We are hoping to have everything ironed out in the next few days after the patch is stable and we can do some housekeeping stuff.

I started a slack page in preparation for coalitions that people are chatting in. If you'd like an invite message me your email and I'll send you one in the morning when I wake up.
  • ShawnP1
    ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm totally down for that I will even make a goblin pile driver deck lol just kidding I love burn too much
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    form filled and sent.

thanks for taking the effort. hope to hear from you soon.

my nick is blacklotus. (lowercase all, I have seen nicks with BLACKLOTUS and Blacklotus in game) icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dotahunter
    Options
    Just filled the form now will w8 for thr answer managreen.pngmanablue.png