Take the Fury Road, bank the ISO, or buy the farm?

auralgami
auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm in the 3*->4* transition. I just champed IMHB, which is my only 4* champ. Champing IMHB was a no-brainer.

I just now got my 13th cover for Nick Fury, and I can scrounge up the ISO to level/champ him. But it will cost me 288586 to level him. This seems like a lot for a 4* that I keep hearing is weak, only okay, and not terribly game-changing apart from his blue power.

My next closest 4*s are:
    X-Force Wolvie at 209 and 11 covers Ant Man at 70 and 10 covers 4Thor at 169 and 9 covers Rulk at 106 and 8 covers Jean at 168 and 7 covers

I could put 68K into Wolvie or 150K into Ant Man or 58K into Rulk. 4Thor and Jean are as high as they can be given their covers.

It could take awhile for any of them, and the highest cover -- X-Force -- is (I keep hearing) also like Fury -- middling and not game changing anymore.

I have champed most of my 3*s. All have max covers, but I have not level/champed: Human Torch, Punisher, Daredevil, Gamora, Colossus, Ragnorok, Sentry, Psylocke, Spider-Man, Beast. They range in level from 120 to 70. Apart from Colossus and Gamora, I don't seem to get too many covers for these guys, and I just sell them when I do. I do happen to have 3 Gamora covers sitting around now.

I opened two LTs today. I got Chulk (ugh) and a 14th Fury cover. Of course I did.

So, now, I have some choices. They are:

1) Level and Champ Fury. Now I would have 2 4* characters and his 14th cover doesn't go to waste.

2) Hold on to the ISO, saving it for 4Thor, Ant Man, Rulk, or Jean as I get covers. Spend ISO as needed here and there.

3) Champ the rest of the 3*s (as I can) and continue to farm 2*.

Option 3 combines an achievable goal (champ all 3*s!) with a plan (use 2* and 3* rewards to eventually fund 4* and 5* land) but it isn't really moving forward, except in building long-term resources.

Option 1 feels like doing something, but the cost is very high for a reward that's average at best. I feel like I would use Fury because he's there, but once someone better comes along, he'll be yesterday's news.

Option 2 is doing nothing and waiting, for the most part.

Thoughts?