Whales of Deadpool - new DDQ node (funny one)

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
Hey, i have been thinking about some PvE grindfest... you know, there are PvE events, SHIELD simulator, and lightning round, but nothing where you could grind against AI.
Important note - everything here is serious.
So, my idea is: Whales of Deadpool

Its kinda funny feature where you will fight against Deadpool´s whale: You will choose your team, trying to deal damage to the Whale (5* NPC, level 550 - 50 000HP, not doing moves).
Its Skills:
Taco? Gimme! - Each round generates 2 purple AP
Whales Whales Whales (20 purple AP) - Sending whales to enemy team, dealing 99 999 damage to enemy team and one high five to Deadpool.

After your team gets killed, you will get rewards per damage dealt to Deadpool.
My vision:
0-1000 dmg - 70ISO
1000-2500 dmg - 140ISO
2500-5000 dmg - 200ISO
5000-10 000 dmg - 250ISO + common token
10 000-25 000 dmg - 500ISO + 2 common tokens
25 000-49 999- 500ISO + Heroic token
50 000 (killing whale)- 1000ISO + Taco token

Why this? Well, there are many reasons:
- Dozens of unused charactes now will get a purpose. You can use every cover as a cannon fodder, for dealing some damage and getting some ISO
- VIP feature (i dont own it btw. - with this implemented? i would buy it) decreses healing time. Now players complain but with this, it will get a purpose
- This could solve lack of ISO + reflect your roster so years of progress will be finall rewarded
- PvP has simulator, seasons, LRs etc. PvE? Same events again and again... no chance to grind there

PS: Rewards are just an estimation - i am not sure whether they are adequate, or too generous. I guess with my roster (1500 hours of game, 95 covers, all 3* championed) i could earn 8-16k ISO per day (resulting in complete destruction of my roster and hours of my time wasted in whales icon_e_biggrin.gif ).

Every feedback welcome - i hope you liked this idea icon_e_smile.gif
mpqr7 wrote:
They would need to tweak it in certain ways, because 5*s could probably beat the whale pretty easily.
Oh, and my plan is NOT to allow 5* covers to participate in this mainly because:
- They are OP
- The more reasons why to invest in low quality covers (instead of skipping 3* - 4* transition by upgrading 5*s), the better.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would totally sacrifice 90% of my roster to the whale, in an effort to win prizes. They would need to tweak it in certain ways, because 5*s could probably beat the whale pretty easily.