XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
* Special guest: AlphaTeam!
* Medussa wins the vote.
* Post 106 patches ..
* Mission difficulty changes ..
* Lightning round changes ..
* 4star char changes ..
* And, this week featured character : The Thing!

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e50.html

Comments

• Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Weekly podcast entertainment needs fulfilled yet again - great job guys!

Poor Psylocke. She never gets any love. She probably just needs rolling in glitter... icon_e_wink.gif

Very interesting to hear Ian's take on the possibility of 6* characters. If you listen back to episode #1, Ian also predicted the arrival of 5* characters after the introduction of the Daily Deadpool Quest that increased the supply of 3* characters - that's some spooky voodoo power right there! I'm hoping that the birthday episode 52 will have a segment looking back at past comments to see how they panned out. You can call it "Could Craig be any more wrong?"

I notice there's still no mention about one of the biggest consequences of the latest patch release. Are we intentionally protecting Craig from having an emotional breakdown, in the same way that parents tell kids the family pet has 'gone to the farm to be happy' as a distraction from the mortality of life? Given that he almost had an aneurysm when Venom got tinkered with, it's probably a good thing that no-one points out the "banners only appear once when multiple tiles activate" change has effectively killed off Craig's long-term dream of 'Squirrels, Squirrels, Squirrels' being a real thing in the game!! Now it's just 'Squirrels'. Awww... sad moustache. Demiurge, I hope you have Dazzler waiting in the wings to compensate when the Psylocke hits the fan...! icon_e_smile.gif

[This posting was brought ot you by Tom's Canoe Tyres. Don't let drought conditions prevent you from enjoying your white water adventures, just add Tom's Canoe Tyres for some truly amphibious mobility! Tom's Canoe Tyres. Dealing with floaters since 1982].
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Listening now, your podcast is something i have started to really look forward to! Congrats on 50 episodes!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the content!

I know this is a bit late, but iceman's 4*ddq is among the easiest in terms of ability to win with few covers/levels. I beat it at 1/2/1, level 90 last time around. (though at a low level like that you will need tibboost match damage). Use the stun whenever there is too much blue on the board, that should help you keep the stun lock up as much as possible.

By contrast, Mr. Fantastic is very hard. I don't think it's worth trying until you have at least 4 blue and 3 or 4 black. JG (fezzik) is also quite hard. The forums also maintain several list of 4*few matchups, some with tips and advice, so no need to speculate. (try this one: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=6&t=37974)

Alas, I don't think IW's locked tiles count towards QS's blue passive any longer. That was changed when QS was revised earlier in the spring.

Re Thing: he is a solid mid tier 4*. His best feature is that the passive can be used to force players to attack your team in a specific order. He's especially fun with xpool. (enemy targets xpool, thing jumps in front and spawns lots of protect tiles, then xpool's passive triggers because thing took damage!). But the advent of cheap stuns like Iceman makes thing less useful, since his passive doesn't work when stunned. And his active damage powers are a bit weak relative to the newer 4*s (his green does 6k + boardshake for 12ap. drax can do 8k for just 8ap and he isn't even very good).

Finally, re spoilers: I think it's perfectly reasonable that you guys prefer not to be spoiled. But I don't love the implied moral judgment in your discussion. spoilers aren't bad, per se. You might not like them, but that doesn't mean that other people can't disagree. And I don't think collecting spoilers is done by any illegal means, so there's nothing wrong with their existence. So as long as they are clearly marked in spoiler forums and not used to harass or irritate other players, what's the problem?

Also, the scaling problems with having a 1-cover 5* on an otherwise 2* or 3* roster have theoretically been fixed (with the new PVE scoring system). But I would still recommend saving legendary tokens and CPs until you have at least several 3* champions (maybe 5 or 6).
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:

Finally, re spoilers: I think it's perfectly reasonable that you guys prefer not to be spoiled. But I don't love the implied moral judgment in your discussion. spoilers aren't bad, per se. You might not like them, but that doesn't mean that other people can't disagree. And I don't think collecting spoilers is done by any illegal means, so there's nothing wrong with their existence. So as long as they are clearly marked in spoiler forums and not used to harass or irritate other players, what's the problem?

Actually, I think that some of the discussion that has come around points out that the data mining does technically violate the Terms of Service. If memory serves, that's one of the things that led to a certain person getting banned here.

I'm in the combination camp of "prefer not to be spoiled because I have fun guessing" along with "people who DO know the spoilers have gotten snippy with my choice to not be." So, the implied moral judgement can run the other way, too.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Terms of service != law

Violating the copyright act, or the dmca, would be illegal (in the u.s.). But I don't think that is what's going on here.

And I can't comment on spoiler-y people getting snippy that wasn't in the podcast! But I also disapprove of people with spoiler info being jerks about it.