Game Change Idea ( For Fun)

blueicedragon21
blueicedragon21 Posts: 9
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I have been thinking about how to change the game to separate the High End rosters from Lower rosters, but in a fun way.

(this is just a thought and will never be implemented)

Instead of time slices you choose a star difficulty.

Instead of time slice 1 [ 1 star cover battle only. Top players receive star.pngstar.png covers among iso, boost ect. ]

Time slice 2 [ 1 and 2 star covers only. Top players receive star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers , ect. ]

Time slice 3 [ 1, 2 and 3 Star covers only. Top players receive star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers , ect ]

Time slice 4 [ 1,2,3 and 4 star covers only. top players receive star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers, ect. ]

time slice 5 [ all out war for top players.. prizes.....TBD.. ]

What are your all thoughts? Good? Bad ? Dumb? stupid? Go away?

this would keep the players where they need to be..

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I was always suppoting difficulties in PvE.
    The only way PvE reflects your roster is enemy scalling - too bad. Players goal should be to to get better so game is easier - sure, PvP should match you with similar opponents, but PvE?

I will be totaly honest - i dont like your idea. The biggest problem i see is the 5* as a reward. 5*s are OP and should stay in LTs/special events (civil war etc.). DEVs also claimed 5* should remain unique so they wont be as reward.
    I also dont like the idea of star.png enemies.

What i would prefer are those difficulties and their pros/cons.
    - Easy - enemies with 20-80 level. 75% ISO and point penalty (so, instead of getting f.e. 500ISO and 400pts from node, you would get 375ISO and 300Pts instead)
    - Normal - enemies with 60-150 level. 100% ISO and Pts reward (same as now)
    - Hard - enemies with 120-200 level. 150% ISO and 125% pts reward.
    - Nightmare - enemies with 200-400 level. 200% ISO and 150% pts reward.

With this we could get some additional tiers above 25CP in progress loot.
    I prefer this because:
    - difficulty is optional - you can choose easy mission with powerful roster, kill everything super fast, but with a little penalty OR you can butcher your roster (all 100 covers i have could finally become useful icon_e_biggrin.gif ) to get more ISO and points for additional progress reward and better chances in placement table.
    - ISO bonus reflect the need of players - easy difficulty is mostly for players with 2* roster. On the other side, players on 3* -> 4* transition could try hard or even nightmare difficulty for decent ISO injection...
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about, merge all position awards into progression, and keep scaling as is just now, but instead of being the same score per node for everyone, the score is based on the total levels/HP of the enemy team, encouraging roster levelling as those with big rosters need less goes to reach those big prizes.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Instead of time slices you choose a star difficulty.

I vote yes for star difficulty (or any other similar idea).
    I vote strongly against removing time slices. Keep in mind there are players all around the world and introduction of timeslices options (cca 2 years ago if I remember well) was one of the best changes to the game I experienced.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    To simplify the OP, as the challenge increases, the prizes should improve.