Time to make 4s and 5s more valuable

Options
Nellyson
Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
I know this has happened to pretty much everyone, but who of you out there pulled a 4 star or even a 5 star cover for a character and got super excited! Then when the color shows up, you already have 5 in that color and are no where near champing him.....

Yeah, that SLAP in the face hurts. Then the other slap comes when your only options are to roster a 2nd one that you don't really need or sell it for 1k in ISO. DOUBLE SLAP!!!

Enough is enough. The 4s and 5s deserve to be worth more in selling value. I say just add in 1 command point for a 4 and 2 command points for a 5. It's honestly not enough, but it's better than the 1k and 2k ISO respectively. Hell, they should come with hero points as well, but I doubt the devs would be that kind/smart/considerate. Either way, it's gotta change. The ISO you get from selling these covers is not worth it at all! Please devs, make it less painful to sell that 4 or 5 star cover we can't use and add some command points.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they want to slap us in the face with something, and they like RNG, slap us in the face with an RNG re-try.

Any 5* cover can be traded in for a LT (chance for 5*, guaranteed 4*.)
    Any 4* cover can be traded in for "Megatoken" (chance for 4*, guaranteed 3*)
    Any 3* cover can be traded in for a Heroic (Chance for 3*/4*, guaranteed 2*)

At least you can re-roll and not feel quite so terrible about it, and occasionally that re-roll will come aces up.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There are three kinds of ideas that ever get proposed on this forum.

1) Ideas that the devs will never implement because it would impact their bottom line.
    2) Ideas that the devs will never implement because it would involve some actual programming.
    3) Ideas that the devs may someday implement because they're very easy to do and also look like a QoL change without actually being one.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "Megatoken" (chance for 4*, guaranteed 3*)

It baffles me that this kind of token still doesn't exist. It is long overdue. But, hey, they did increase the odds in cardpack.png from something that rounds to 0.2% for a 4* to something slightly higher that still rounds to 0.2%. What a magnanimous increase. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suggested this a while ago as well. By getting 1 cp for selling a 4*, you're basically getting a 1/20th of a chance to re-roll, so it's still an RNG of a reward, which I think people should be okay with. Of course I'd rather have a streak-breaker where you're guaranteed a 5* after 20 non-4*s, but people might feel that's going too far.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I proposed a while ago that we get WAAAAY more ISO for cover sales. The amount of ISO should at least approximate the difference in rarity between the covers:

1* = stay 100 ISO
    2* = should be 500 ISO
    3* = should be at least 1,000 ISO; probably 2,000 ISO
    4* = should be at least 2,500 ISO; probably should be 5,000 or 10,000 ISO
    5* = should be at least 10,000 ISO; could justify 25,000 ISO

While these are big increases, think about how difficult it is to acquire 4s and 5s and you should actually feel like you accomplished something when you get 1000 in PVP or top 10 in PVE. And, we all fear the dupe 4*s and 5*s pulls once you have 5 covers w/o champing OR if you don't want to bust your scaling for 5*s - wouldn't it sting a little less if you got 10,000 or 25,000 ISO? Given the lack of ISO, this could be a fairly easy way to solve two problems.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LordXberk wrote:
    4* = should be at least 2,500 ISO; probably should be 5,000 or 10,000 ISO
    5* = should be at least 10,000 ISO; could justify 25,000 ISO

Those IW, Elektra, etc, covers sure would sting a lot less if they were worth 5k. I'd even hit 1k in pvp for covers I didn't care about if that were the case.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While increasing the sell value of covers is one thing, the change they really need to make is to turn covers colourless once you have 5 covers in that colour.
  • MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    What if you could merge the covers for ISO leveling of that specific character.

For instance if I have 5 black covers on my hulkbuster, I could just add a black cover to it for a set amount of ISO that is immediately applied as leveling to it.

That would be thematically appropriate and you could give out more ISO this way since it has some limitation on its use.
    Lets say you could give 3-5 times as much as you get by selling, but it is applied to that specific character.

This would also level your "less used" characters more as they have a cheap ISO/level cost.
  • MrCrowley
    Options
    What if you could merge the covers for ISO leveling of that specific character.

For instance if I have 5 black covers on my hulkbuster, I could just add a black cover to it for a set amount of ISO that is immediately applied as leveling to it.

That would be thematically appropriate and you could give out more ISO this way since it has some limitation on its use.
    Lets say you could give 3-5 times as much as you get by selling, but it is applied to that specific character.

This would also level your "less used" characters more as they have a cheap ISO/level cost.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My idea is to allow extra covers to add 1 level without the need to champion the character. The game can already distinguish between ISO level and champion level, so why limit it to those that finish one set of levels first? Essentially, the champion fee would just become the ability to respec. This way, duplicate covers don't feel like a waste.

Edit: they may need to move the legendary token to the last champion level reward. Otherwise people will just build duplicates and farm the token. Perhaps tie the token to the champion fee instead.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been saying all along that a cover should allow you to add 1 level to that character. Then if I get another Star Lord, I can at least get him 1 level closer to champing him. At the pace I get SL covers, he'd be almost level 270 by now.

It's not quite the 5k or 10k that people are asking for, but it shouldn't be hard to program and it's a lot better than the 1k we get now.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    It's not quite the 5k or 10k that people are asking for, but it shouldn't be hard to program and it's a lot better than the 1k we get now.

True. But, none of these should be hard to program. Any halfway competent programmer shoulds be able to do any of them in an hour. Admittedly, I don't have their source, but if it is a complicated change, then their design must be needlessly convoluted. These should be simply changing a database value or a variable in code.

I think the real hurdle is in actually getting the devs to admit ISO is far too scarce, to admit there is a problem.
  • MrCrowley
    Options
    Now that I think about it, adding 1 level per cover could have a nice psychological value also.

It would basically encourage pre-leveling the cheap levels with ISO so that each cover gets you more ISO value (at higher levels).