What do you actually LIKE about MPQ?

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This feels like an important question that never seems to be asked :p

The devs are reacting to metrics they gather, we react to the devs reacting to numbers.

But what do you actually LIKE here?

I like developing my roster. Roster slots are what I will spend real money on, I also like VIP because it helps this (tokens, bit of iso, a chunk of HP towards a slot).

Daily Deadpool and Champion levels are my favourite part of the game.

I farm Command Points, some tokens, and iso8 from Story Mode.

I only really care about top 100 in PVP for an extra cover, using it like a slow Daily Deadpool.

What other types of player do we got here?

Comments

• DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    I'm all about the Pokemon syndrome while being an f2p player. I don't care that much if my roster doesn't have a championed OML to destroy the competition. For me, the motivation to win in PvP or PvE comes from the fact that I'll be able to achieve a more complete roster.

I still do optimize my roster for winning - I don't have more than Juggernaut as a 1* star, I avoided opening LTs for a long time in order to not have scaling problems with 5*s, etc. But if I can manage to roster that useless icon_hulkcho.pngblackflag.png cover without making any sacrifices, I will - instead of, for example, rostering powerful duplicates.
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I have a wide roster of 3*, and am slowly transitioning to 4* land. Developing my roster depth (through champing and farming) are both fun. I enjoy PvP, but only to get t100 or 800 points. DDQ is pretty stale, but a way to get guaranteed covers, so that is nice.

I actually like PvE the most. Not for the grinding (which I don't do) but rather figuring out the best use of my roster with the boosted characters to find a fun team that can easily above its level. With that in mind, I enjoy getting covers for undercover characters to see how it changes pairings.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like having reasons and opportunities to use new characters, other than oml and the top 4*s and 3*s.

I've built up and championed many cool characters, and I'm dying to use them, but most of the times that I do, I end up feeling "gosh, I should've just stuck with the good ones, because these enemies just trounced me."
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance.
    DDQ, especially Crash, even with Mr. Failtastic.
    The actual game play.
    PvP.
    Boss events.
    Simulator, Gauntlet, Growth Industry.
    Fine, throw whatever Cho's event was called in there, even though he sucks.

Roughly in that order.
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    My alliance.
    DDQ, especially Crash
    Boss events.

Roughly in that order.

This
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I like :-

-Opening legendary tokens.

-Boss events.

-My casual alliance, (no pressure, no demands, fantastic).

-When we reach 3 million in the boss events
    ( like I said casual alliance it doesn't happen often so when it does I like it.)

-Hitting 2000 in season simulator

-Hitting 4000 in season

-Hitting 1000 in any PvP. ( doesn't happen much but when I do achieve it, I like it)

-Reaching 25cp in any PVE

- I like, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Kamala Khan, 3* Cyclops, 5*Phoenix, Quicksilver, THOR, Thing, Black panther, ....without you guys I wouldn't be where I am in the game today. Thank you.
    (look at me, I'm talking like they're real. Lol)

-Defeating Carnage...I tinnykitty detest him as an opponent.

#nuffsaid
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    -Alliancebros
    -Beating a tough enemy team without having any offensive powers fired on me
    -Hitting 1300 in PVP
    -Getting a 4* from a heroic token since I always expect those to be 2* ISO fodder
    -Popping a legendary and seeing that sexy, sexy purple card (I haven't had an unusable 5* cover yet so I guess this one has a limited shelf life)
    -Adding 3+ champ levels to a character at once
    -Opening a hoard (haven't gotten to do this in a while since I am forever starved for ISO)
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I like the actual gameplay. The strategy is remarkably deep for a match-3 game.

And I've met cool people in the alliances in which I've been.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    First and foremost, this community. I've said it before, but I have met people that have become actual, real friends. I've met countless other "internet friends." Dealing with Mercs and other Commanders when Mercing myself, makes me realize how many awesome people play this game. Those that take the time to CC, those that offer advice and help on the forums/Reddit/FB, those that merc/bring in mercs, all in an effort to HELP OTHERS!

The game play at it's core is really fun. I like match 3 games, I love the "fight" aspect added to it.

Boss Battles.

The feeling when you see that purple icon after opening an LT.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    -My alliance and other friends I work with. If not for them and LINE I don't know if I would still be playing.

-The strategy of a 3 match game to make the quickest moves to win.

-This being a Marvel property, even though we are missing a ton of top tier characters. I am looking to you Gambit and Nightcrawler.

-Alliance based events. So many people have said they love this yet we don't get more. What a great way to build your alliance stronger.

The Rockett

BattleCats
    BattleCats PVP
    BattleCats PVE
    BattleCats Rawr
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    I enjoy matching gems.

Boosted Jean crushing all around in Pve.

Cackling as I unleash a woogly eyed Master Plan cascade of doom.

Bullseye in survival nodes

That sweet, sweet moment of winning a Crash with a seriously under covered and levelled character.

Boss fights
    Snatching a boss fight victory out of the jaws of defeat (Take that Ultron, you puny robot!)

The buzz of the last minute hop for 1000.

Opening shiney tokens amd getting something good.

There's still plenty of fun to be had
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I like lots of the same stuff other people have said. Boss battles, alliances, Crash of the Titans and DDQ generally, I like the 3* tier of play, I like championing, I like building a roster. I even like the cheesy dialogue in story events.

Ultimately, there are only two things about the game I don't like, and those are 1) the constant begging for more money, and the associated design choices that exist to manipulate people into giving in, and 2) the lack of supported ways to play the game (for example, the way that the prologue is such a huge piece of content that just sits in the UI doing nothing, instead of offering a way to enjoy it being there). Which is really sad because if those two things were gone, this game would have a real shot at being pretty darn successful. But the devs subscribe to a philosophy of dogmatic F2P design choices that destroy player goodwill and keep the game operating at a base level of fun, which stifles the game's potential.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Most of the toons.
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    The progression, the tactics, the roster development plans, overcoming the odds, the lucky escapes, the lucky breaks, the planning, the accomplishments.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like that each match 3 game is really short. 3-5 mins per game. Which means I can play in between my free time.

I like that I can "pause" the game for an infinite amount of time. I have games which I played halfway, pause while I drive, and complete the game in the carpark. This gives me flexibility in scheduling.

I like the sense of satisfaction when I draw a cover I need. This gives me a sense of progression.

I like that I can choose to skip events when I don't want to play or can't play. I just skip a pve and a pvp as I was overseas. No big deal in the grand scheme of things when I lose out the iso and the 50 cp. I console myself that I probably pulled a cho or IW with the cp anyway icon_razz.gif
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    LINE community / alliance
    LINE BC community
    LINE other parts community

Utron run 1 and 2 (even with super hit points)
    First few times you use winfinite after a short break from using it.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not really in order:
    1. The Marvel license
    2. The core gameplay (ie: match-3 with stuff to do via matching-3)
    3. My alliance mates, and the peeps in other alliances that I get along with
    4. Most of the art
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Line app.

Seriously, without Line app, I would have stopped playing MPQ much sooner.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Not in any order:

Alliance mates
    The fact it's MARVEL game (I'm a long term marvel fan)
    Matching 3 puzzle
    Boss battles
    Satisfaction of finally able to champion some character
    DDQ
    Challenging battles
    This forum
    Variety of how can build your roster
    Finding new exciting teams to try out and beating hard waves with them
    Easy battles too can try some "****" teams on them
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    after maxing out my first two 4*s, my motivation plummeted.

mmr gave me easier matches with a 3*s only roster, now i have two of the top 5 4* and i run into a wall at 700.

so, like motivation, playtime drastically decreased.
    ddq on my way to work, the cp nodes in pve while on bathromm breaks, farming hp in pvp to.... stare at the hp, i suppose. still try for the 1k if its and already covered 4*, but other than that...
    no motivation for the 10pack, either - they are mostly 2*s anyways, thats the ddq iso amount.

but yeah, i still wouldnt know what to do while ... being on a bathroom break.