Survey time...

2»

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    firethorne wrote:
    You forgot zero, my vote for various reasons. From the absurd ISO economy to RNG based progression into the current meta, wild imbalance between players at different stages of the game while still trying to cram them all into the same system, making the misguided assumption they can make that equatable for everyone, many parts of this seem broken, and like they don't know what to do to course correct.

Zero? If you dislike the game this much, why are you still playing?
    Diarchos wrote:
    Actually I can't believe that people give 1-4 votes still play this game. If I felt that way about a game I would stop playing immediately. If you don't like it, don't play it! It's as simple as that.

Not that it's ANY of y'alls business, but the survey WAS NOT even "what would YOU rate this game?" It was, "would you recommend this game TO A FRIEND?"

Did people even read what they were actually voting for and filling out, or........?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I gave it a relatively low recommend rating, because eventually all new players are going to hit the transition past 3*s. Some people will get lucky and move quickly to 5*s. Some will be mired in randomly acquiring 4*s indefinitely. You don't know what you're going to end up with until you've spent far too much time in the game.

I also took into account the lack of any content tailored towards the people who do break through.

At first glance, that could read as "The food here is terrible. And the portions are so small!" But it's not.

It's saying that some people are going to have a bad time even trying to progress beyond 3*s, and instead of fixing that, the developers have actively made that worse over the past year and a half (removal of 1300 fixed cover, removal of HP cover purchases, continued dilution of the 4* pool). And for those people who do break through, the game stagnates quickly because of the lack of post 3* content that would make the 4*s meaningful, so it's just 5*s with some dead weight along for the ride when you have to bring it. Two separate groups, and they'll each run into their own issues.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Anyone I know to whom I would recommend the game is likely to be a long-term player, one interested in making progress and getting into the game for a decent amount of time.

For this reason, I gave the game a 1 on likelihood to recommend to a friend.

As a long-term player myself, the game is heavily gated for progress once you hit the 3-4* transition. If you don't have a hefty amount of time or financial resources to devote to the game, progress screeches to almost a dead halt, even after getting that first championed 4* character.

Continued release of characters that dilute the pool of those available, decreasing the odds of making any meaningful progress, means that anyone I know who is going to be a long-term player (read: all of them) is not going to be remotely interested in getting into the game at this point. It's too daunting of a task since everything is RNG.

It took me over a year to finally fully cover Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and I had to spend CP on both to finish them. Why would I even wish that on my enemies, much less my friends?
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    7. If you want a good time waster, MPQ certainly is that!
  • Saintsfanuk
    Saintsfanuk Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I gave it the lowest, I would never recommend this to anyone new now. The lack of iso for people who have played the game a long time is bad enough, by the time anyone new gets to the 4 star transition, there will probably be 6/7 stars!

If they tripled the iso for everyone this game would probably be in a really good place for every sort of player. New players would get to the 3 star stage nice and quick and the rest of us might actually be able to level some characters in a decent time frame.

Right now I have JG, IMHB, X-23 and RHulk as my champed 4 stars. I have half the 3 stars champed. Sod all covers in my 5 stars they may as well not exist.

4 stars sitting in my roster at max covers:

Ant Man
    Nick Fury
    Cyclops
    Prof X (not that I want to level him tho)
    XFW
    Spider Gwen
    Elektra

On 11/12 covers

XFDP
    Sam Wilson CA
    Ghost Rider
    Carnage
    Drax
    IW
    Chulk (never leveling)

How am I supposed to level any of that lot within a decent time frame. So many characters I'd like to use bu can't. So I've got the covers but not the iso, no point opening any LT's, it's all gone rather stale but there is an easy fix for the devs...
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tossed a 5 out, down from my previous 8 (or 9? I can't remember).

My primary criticism stems from the stale nature of both PvP and Story. Once you've played a single season and off-season, you've literally seen all the variety there is to PvP. It's obnoxious. There are so many different flavors of PvP we could have as evidenced by the myriad suggestions made here. Instead, we get nine events of featured 3* + two, one event of featured 4* (new release, mostly) + two, and two or three oddball off-season events. Even the off-season events are hit-or-miss, as the general consensus seems to be that Balance of Power and Combined Arms are universally maligned. Story gets updated at most, what, once every three seasons? Strictly speaking of content (ie: dialogue and node maps), there is so little fresh material coming out that it's laughable.

Coming in a close second is the nature of high-level play, both attaining it and playing in it. I won't harp too much on either facet, as plenty have done before me. Suffice it to say that just about everything regarding the 5* tier of play is broken, frustrating, and unsatisfying. It's awful that reaching the "final" reward tier has such detrimental payoff.

However I am not totally negative. Say what you will, but the combination of Marvel characters, match-3, and power usage is a really fun thing. All reservations aside, it's a hoot to play. So I give it a 5 for recommendations on those elements. I would qualify my recommendation to anyone with a strong warning not to try to get too involved. Catching up and/or making decent progress from 3* upwards is stultifying. Caveat emptor.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    if the game was set up so there were no wasted covers (3-5* covers) meaning you could change cover colours/apply a cover to any ability, i'd recommend this game. until then, i wouldn't suggest to anyone they start playing this game.

too frustrating.