So when do we think the next set is going to drop?

Options
Jazzpha
Jazzpha Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
There've been some rumblings-- and educated ones, at that-- that the next set for MtGPQ is going to be Shadows Over Innistrad.

Assuming that this is the case, when do we think it's going to drop? I was thinking about it after QB ended just now, and I ultimately decided to start banking away crystals for the next set rather than getting another BfZ Big Box.

Considering that there's usually about a week's notice before a new set drops to allow time for JC and the crew to preview cards, I think it's possible we might see something by the middle of the month, for release in the last week of August.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Comments

• Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    no idea. but given; and please correct me if I'm wrong that oath of Nissa and drana's chosen are perhaps the only exclusive cards left, then I imagine that you are probably pretty close. I hope they release a full set this time. the number of duplicates for OTG are getting a bit much.
  • Jazzpha
    Jazzpha Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Abenjes wrote:
    no idea. but given; and please correct me if I'm wrong that oath of Nissa and drana's chosen are perhaps the only exclusive cards left, then I imagine that you are probably pretty close. I hope they release a full set this time. the number of duplicates for OTG are getting a bit much.

Yeah, I think you're right about the exclusive cards that are yet to be on offer. And it doesn't look like Oath of Nissa is coming up in this next PvP, so it'll likely be the one after it, or perhaps some other opportunity. But however it happens to emerge, it should be soon, considering the pacing of release for the other Oath cards.
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    Options
    Abenjes wrote:

Yeah, as a free player I'm only missing 3 non-exclusive cards from OTG, and one of them is an uncommon. Comapared to missing like 40 cards each from BFZ and Origins... I just opened a BFZ box and got one new BFZ card and a bunch of OTG stuff I don't need. I'll save up for SoI now but as it is I wouldn't want to buy more BFZ cards over Origins because I'd just get more OTG dupes despite missing a lot of important BFZ cards.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe the next expansion is going to be released two weeks from now
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Abenjes wrote:

Shadows of Innistrad is the opening set in the block, just like BFZ was. It would make sense for SoI to be like BFZ, and Eldritch Moon to be like OTG (i.e., a supplemental set)
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Abenjes wrote:

Shadows of Innistrad is the opening set in the block, just like BFZ was. It would make sense for SoI to be like BFZ, and Eldritch Moon to be like OTG (i.e., a supplemental set)

They limited the number of cards in OGW because they wanted to get to the juicier bits faster. Their own word. I take they meant that they want to be able to get to the newer expansions. They also said the goal is to be eventualy able to release sets in time with the paper magic expansions.

BFZ is like the main set in the block.... the main events are happening there, while OGW is like an end to it.

SOI is however different as in there is a sense of mystery, it is foreshadowing something big thats going to happen. And in EM things jut blow up, the mystery is relvealed.... the main battle of SOI block happens in the second set

So what i am saying and hoping is that both sets in SOI block will be big expanions having lots of cards unlike OGW
  • UrbanNinja
    Options
    I've seen on the board that many "Exclusive cards" will be available for all "mid August" so it would make sense if the new set is released around that date
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If their plan is to catch up with the magic releases, I think they have to release it not later than the end of August.
    Mid August sounds fair enough considering the previous set was smaller than others.