Update to Lightning Round Placement Rewards

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Here is an update from the developer effective starting tomorrow:

"Starting on August 2nd, Lightning Round placement rewards that normally reward Lightning Round Tokens will now reward Heroic Tokens. The Iso-8 earned from Rank 25 and better will now reward 1,000 Iso-8 (Up from 500)."

Thank you!

Comments

• xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Please tell me this is also a step toward opening up the boosted character selection in LR's. Pretty please? icon_e_wink.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or even just some variation in lr content. Still, any increase in iso flow is a positive.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I haven't placed t25 in an lr for a while, you should have raised everything from t100 and up.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    so is it going to be?
    01st - 02nd - 4 heroic
    03rd - 08th - 3 heroic
    09th - 50th - 2 heroic
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Anything on the tu debacle?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    Wow, 1000 whole iso! That's an extra 500 iso. So for grinding 45-60 minutes I can get ~1/4 of an extra 4* level (at 200+).

Demi: more iso is not bad, but these changes you are making are microscopic relative to scale of iso 'requirements' at the 4* and 5* level.

As for the token change, that explanation makes no sense. Are heroics replacing LR tokens, Or being added as addition rewards? More detail is needed. please publish a revised placement rewards table for LRs.

Thanks, as always, for proactive communication! (and the 'thank you' is definitely NOT sarcastic. I don't have to like the content of dev communications to like the fact that the devs are communicating with us players.)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone wrote:
    The Iso-8 earned from Rank 25 and better will now reward 1,000 Iso-8 (Up from 500).
    Good news for the Top25... any chance of throwing a bone to those who finish 26th to 1000th?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    So wait, you're downgrading the token type just so we can get 500 more ISO in placement?

Jeez were you guys drinking all weekend or something?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So wait, you're downgrading the token type just so we can get 500 more ISO in placement?

Jeez were you guys drinking all weekend or something?
    It's no downgrade, unless you were really excited about the higher draw chance for Rags covers.
    Rest of the odds were regular Heroics odds.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    More ISO everywhere is always appreciated (and these boosts are needed in many more places).

I'm actually disappointed that the LR tokens are going away - I thought they were a great way to try to increase your chances for specific characters. I liked trying to get more IM from the heroes tokens, for example. However, this would only work if the LR's -ROTATED- boosted characters......if only the game was set-up to some how do that....
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'm a little disappointed in the token switch - I love extra levels on cmags, im40, cap, and gamora. but like others have said, any setup that leads to some variety would be great. any increase in placement iso is welcomed, but the increase should trickle down to t100 and t250 too.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very sad of the loss of the LR tokens. It sorta generifies the event. That said its not that big of a deal and won't affect my interest in playing.

I really hope they use this opportunity to introduce more affiliations teams.

This week battle the GotG in LRs.

Next week, Fight the Xmen!

Week after: Take on Hells kitchen (Fight, DD, kK, bullseye, LC)

There are a near infinite teams that could be assembled and it be fun to do a lR battle
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    I have never placed high enough to get any of those rewards.

Fight the X-men (Beast, Patch, Cyclops, Storm, Psylocke and Colossus)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    TimGunn wrote:
    I have never placed high enough to get any of those rewards.

Fight the X-men (Beast, Patch, Cyclops, Storm, Psylocke and Colossus)

There's so much good lore in how you organize and describe the lighting round.

Imagine if they organized it so that each LR battle led up to a lR with Professor X. It could be a fun way to slowly introduce 4* events.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like LRs, but in order to get decent placement, you need to play for around 40+ minutes at a very specific time. That's an example of what drives me crazy (in a bad way) about this game.

I just wish there were more parts of it that were casual. If you played only a bit each day, you could eventually build up to something cool.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    How about weekend LRs sometime?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    LRs are something that I am CRAZY competitive about, but even I would have wanted the time / energy / thoughts / changes to have gone to some other facet of this game. lol

I guess this means that the entire Lightning Round Token Page is going to be gone, now? I wonder if they were running out of....I dunno....server space? Maybe they had to consolidate the LR page to make room for SOMETHING REALLY REALLY COOL????

:+D
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Maybe they had to consolidate the LR page to make room for SOMETHING REALLY REALLY COOL????

:+D

Last time they had something really cool for us, it was the VIP thing. Just saying icon_lol.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lightning Round cover packs have been removed but they are still referenced in the event description as being winnable.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    If I may humbly request another change to LR - it would be in the loot drops from winning fights.

Please shift some (or 'all') of the odds currently assigned to '250 ISO' --> 'Random 2* Character'.

The change to the buyback value of max champed 2*s seemed like a great announcement when it was made, but the process feels so slow as to be less fun than I believe it was intended to be.