Time to retire from MPQ - Until effort vs payoff is fixed

2»

Comments

• Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    The OP has the same exact feelings I have had for the last couple of weeks now. I haven't played MPQ in the last couple of days at all either. I'm one of those guys that used to play for 30 mins in the morning in the bathroom too. Loved the game for so long but now whenever I look at the shortcut on my phone I don't even bother starting up the game. I'm just not interested in the time drain anymore. Once you hit the 4* transition the game requires you to play a lot just to keep up with the Iso demand.

I would like to second the thanks to everyone on here as well. The forums have been great. Tons of tips on how to maximize your enjoyment of the game and lots of great banter as well.
  • Ulizeus
    Ulizeus Posts: 35
    I only bought once to say thx for all the free stuff you "get", was thinking on playing wow again now that the expansion comes out in 2 months, playing skyrim, or just keep playing this till my semester start again, like 20 days from now icon_razz.gif

Remember that this bussines model is "F2P" (it's P2W really), taking that in mind they need to invent annoying mechanics to force you to feel bad or use your wallet, at the end you are going to feel bad anyway, the ISO that you need is so demanding evenif you "only" level good chars. They need to fix PvP, the hoping mechanics is an exploit, people did something similar in wow a couple of years ago, people got banned, and his ranks were reset. They are doing some fixes to PvE, still need some adjustments to be completly "play when you want" but they are going in the right direction, I just feel the scaling is a little high, the change to 4* essential, dunno if it's a good idea, making it harder, that node is already hard, 4* are not easy to get for 2* and 3* players, at least they cut off 1 xtra clear that will make the ending grind shorter.

The rooster limit is another way of forcing you to use your money to not throw all those "shinny" covers, but again, 1-5 cover chars usually suck, Im still using 3* (around lvl 171) teams vs 240+ leveled hard nodes and essentials nodes.

I would be playing something else, but my pc got old to run all my games, my laptop has no good gpu tu run them too, my cel has space to run 1-2 games till space problems come out.

This game is fun, I love using my favorite heroes and villians, but is just to kill the time, thx to the creators for letting me enjoy this. Trying the mtg puzzle, but I got bored inmidietly, I prefer to play CoClans, lol and Hearthstone, dam, maybe I need to resub wow in a couple of days before my vacation ends, gl all.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never played less than I am now.

Been in the 3*-4* transition for longer than I care to mention and there's still no real way for me to progress that doesn't involve grinding to some degree. The fact that we still don't have a 4* DDQ equivalent is baffling; I refuse to believe that trickling single covers for 4*s will in any way affect the devs' bank balance.

I'm doing the essential character and cover nodes of DDQ and that's it. I live in hope that the game will engage me again but it's fast fading. It is well and truly a tedious endeavour now.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Doesn't sound like a bad problem to have: 'I want to be in the top 5% of the player base, not 10%!'
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I've withdrawn immensely in the past month or so. I haven't even played the last 4-5 PVEs seriously. My alliance is PVP-focused so that's where I put my energy and even that is basically checking in 3 times a week for 2 hours, making my 1K and calling it a day. I've just gotten so disenfranchised with the how much iso is required to champion a 4* that I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. It just feels better to give up than to feel I'm spinning my wheels for months on end. It also sucks that I have 2 very usable 5* (OML and Jean, both at 375) and I'm being punished for it. Most PVPs I play are OML, Jean and required 3*. Ram my way to 1k and shield until end (or if I can pick up a few cupcakes, jump to 1.3K). Rinse. Repeat. Very little variation because variation leads to you getting smashed down someone play the exact same team of OML, Jean, required 3*.

Changes are needed. A regular 4* PVP would be a nice start. Ways to actually win 5*s might help too.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I'm getting away with it for now as the 3* tier seems to be the sweet spot.

But looking at everyone else's feedback (and being UTTERLY MURDERED in PVP to the point where 650 is a push), I really wouldn't mind tiered play being introduced icon_neutral.gif

Mixed tier still available, but what if they put out the following occassionally?

2* only tier. 6 out of 13 boosted at random. GO.
    3* only tier and 4* only tier. One third of characters are are boosted, whole thing rotates and reshuffles.
    5* only tier. A required character, a Classic 5* boosted, and a current 5* boosted.

Just shove tier play on the end of your PVP line up. Exclude it from seasons if you have to. But it gives every tier SOMETHING to do!