Ranking placements on event Leaderboards

khurram
khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So it appears that when i check the leaderboard in the event and if the person below me has reached the same points as me i slip down a number..... doesnt matter if the person reached the same score later than me. But when i reach the same points as the person ranking higher than me i dont replace them in ranking.

For example: i go to the events section and it says i am at rank 2. I click on the leaderboards and my rank immediately changes to 3, the person at rank 2 has the same points as me which they obviously reached sometime after me while i was waiting for the mana shards to fill up.

So would anyone from the devs like to explain how are people who have the same score ranked on the leaderboard? Because as more people reach gold tier, competition is only going to go up and the top 10 people or even more may end up having the same score in the same bracket. I would certainly feel not very good if i had the same score as the top 5 but missed out on a chance at a mythic

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975
    I presumed that for ex aequo the last joining that value was ranked higher, this based on my observation from ranking. Anytime I reached a new value I would be the top for that value.

Reading the forum some people claimed to be the opposite.

I think a dev reply on the subject is really needed.
    This week I am competing bronze and most likely will end in top five even if the worst case is applied.
    Next event I will aim for gold though so this information will be vital.
  • Oaklanbash
    Oaklanbash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I would be very interested in this. The battle for top five in gold tier is absolutely insane. Right now top seven are 64/64/62/62/61/61/61

What sucks for me is I have had four crashes in matches I was clearly going to win. Game just froze on me.... I most likely will end up rank 26 or 27 so those four points look like they would have been HUGE (In my best The Donald voice).
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975
    Can confirm I was the first reaching 68 and was at second place

Two people got there after and I lost 2 positions.

But when I claimed instead of 4th the game stated I won by being third.
    Not that this changes anything in this case but I would like to know what is going on with this logic.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Morphis wrote:
    Can confirm I was the first reaching 68 and was at second place

Two people got there after and I lost 2 positions.

But when I claimed instead of 4th the game stated I won by being third.
    Not that this changes anything in this case but I would like to know what is going on with this logic.

56447886.jpg
  • PapiLouis4
    PapiLouis4 Posts: 113
    is it possible that theres a sort of lag in the leaderboards and that it isnt updating as soon as you win a match??? that might explain why some ppl are jumping ahead? maybe
  • sageofhalo451
    sageofhalo451 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    I can confirm that I placed "7th" but it was a multiway tie for 5th including myself. I got the top rewards. If a tie would put you in a bracket you get that reward.
  • Is not true at leats at Golf i finished 6 tie with 4 and 5 and grt no mithic you will see
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Upvoted in hopes of official response
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    I finished 7th on my leader board on 67 points. 3,4,5,&6th were also on 67 points. When the event finished it told me I was in 6th and gave me the 5-25 reward. It's really confusing