The final straw

Pwuz_
Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Ok, I'm done. That's it. No more MPQ for me. I was out on vacation at my in-laws who don't have Internet. My wife and I had well not nearly enough data left for the next 14 days at this point, and this is the time you choose not only to have an update, but to have an update that the game will not play without!

TINY KITTY, TINY PUPPY, TINY ALPACA!!!

I've been locked out of the game for the past... I don't even know how many days till I just got home and finally had internet again to update the stupid game just so I can leave my alliance.

I've been grumpy about a number of things recently; the never ending slew of 4* characters, the inadequate Iso drops, the fact that my IW is currently covered at 3/2/9?!? No wait, she's stuck at 3/2/5 and I've got a second IW with 4 Green covers.

The fact that myself and others get stuck with such insane builds because there is no method it reroll that 6th cover to something useful could easily be rectified. Yet the developers don't care about that and would rather lock me out of the game for some update that could have just obnoxiously reminded me that there is an update every match. That would have been preferable.

I've been playing throughout the last 2 and a half years, never missed a day till this. I'm not coming back. I've got better games that I've been neglecting that I enjoy more simply because MPQ won't wait. The manipulative game design I've mentioned before. It's the F2P industry and MPQ was one of the better examples.

I doubt this will change anything, but kudoes to anyone who made it through my rant. Here's your cookie.
*cookie*

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Sounds like you weren't playing for fun, but out of habit. When you got that break, you finally woke up. I suggest to all players to take a break from every game like this every week or so to determine if you're actually having fun, or whether you're a hamster on a wheel.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    the fun has gone since they start releasing 2-3 character per month.....until then we cannot feel the lack of Iso so deeply.....instead of focus to releasing new story-mode they keep pushing down our troats new characters that we cannot be able to use because we don't have iso to level up them.
    Do they think I will spend 20 euros for 20k iso? icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

NO, SERIOUSLY DEVS, start to make some significant changes like PROGRESSION REWARDS ONLY for Pve and slow the new characters release at 1 per month. Create new story modes and give us access to more iso.....not much more, I don't pretend to be gifted with thousands of Iso, but a little bit will be appreciated...
    Let us players have the feeling that you care about us and not only your greeding for our money because I won't give them to you ANYMORE icon_evil.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS wrote:
    the fun has gone since they start releasing 2-3 character per month.....until then we cannot feel the lack of Iso so deeply.....instead of focus to releasing new story-mode they keep pushing down our troats new characters that we cannot be able to use because we don't have iso to level up them.
    Do they think I will spend 20 euros for 20k iso? icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

NO, SERIOUSLY DEVS, start to make some significant changes like PROGRESSION REWARDS ONLY for Pve and slow the new characters release at 1 per month. Create new story modes and give us access to more iso.....not much more, I don't pretend to be gifted with thousands of Iso, but a little bit will be appreciated...
    Let us players have the feeling that you care about us and not only your greeding for our money because I won't give them to you ANYMORE icon_evil.gif
    They have been releasing two characters per month since early 2014.
    Since the game hasn't died yet, I think they might know what they're doing, don't you think?
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    They have been releasing two characters per month since early 2014.
    Since the game hasn't died yet, I think they might know what they're doing, don't you think?

two 3* characters per month is not the same of two 4* and one 5* per month, due to the massive iso amount we need to level up a 4 star respect to the old good 3 stars....

Time will tell if I am a boy who cried wolf or not...the playerbase is not so happy icon_rolleyes.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    But your initial complaint was, "I didn't have the data for a new update?" That's not a game issue. That's an "oh well" moment. Yeah, the game has actual issues. PVE is PVP in disguise since it isn't progress only. PVP is an Unviable way to build due to the lose points/lose progress model. Matchmaking isn't concerned with progressive difficulty based on progress, instead going "fight to your level at all times and burn those stupid health packs to keep going". Health packs and persistent damage don't need to exist in the first place (especially a half-the-frigging-day heal time on Hulkbuster). A loss, after all, is a loss of time and points, and having to heal or wait doesn't undo the loss. "My data plan wasn't enough" is irrelevant.