Move new character launch to PVP?

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Would it not be better to just give us an out of season PVP event to fight over new character covers?

Restricting their release seems a huge part of the limitations put on PVE, we will never get a Story mode everyone is happy with while the priority is to exclude 900 players rewarding the top 10%.

Call it Battle World, or some such random gladiatorial Marvel tie in, either just use weekly boosted characters or else add it's own extra boosted character selection on top.

We get an extra mode.

It's true PVP, instead of a stealth PVP on what is supposed to be Story mode.

Any changes being made to how Story mode work will no longer be hamstrung by needing to exclude 90% of the players who play it any time a new character needs pushing.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    There already is new character pvp - yes it lags pve but anyone who gets to 1k in the new releases pvp gets a cover.

This is the model they should look at for PVE - progression rewards of the new cover not the horrible grind for placement.
  • The Herald
    I was thinking more about quarantining the placement reward issue, since it has to define PVE by necessity to keep 4*s away from us mere plebs icon_neutral.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    I was thinking more about quarantining the placement reward issue, since it has to define PVE by necessity to keep 4*s away from us mere plebs icon_neutral.gif
    And PvP wouldn't do that? You must still be in noob brackets. I want new 4*s, but I don't want to have to buy enough shields to score 3k points, which, at a minimum, is what it would take.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    The Herald wrote:

New release PVE gives a cover out to t100 - what are you talking about - 4* covers only require serious work in PVE in non new releases when it's t10 that get them.

Sorry but you are making no sense - seems like you just don't like playing PVE - fine but that no reason those who do suddenly lose out of chance to get a new release cover
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't the Peggy PvP give out covers at 800 and 1000? I really hope that Wasp gets the same treatment.

Heck, do that for all of the PvPs from now on. Move the 3* cover down to 650 or something. What 3* roster that needs the cover at 800 can even score that high nowadays anyway?
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Didn't the Peggy PvP give out covers at 800 and 1000? I really hope that Wasp gets the same treatment.

Heck, do that for all of the PvPs from now on. Move the 3* cover down to 650 or something. What 3* roster that needs the cover at 800 can even score that high nowadays anyway?

That would be great, although I think the 3* covers are less difficult to score even for people in the 2* transition. The 4*s are tough to break into with anything less than a 4* roster and for 3* transitioners are gated pretty much behind RNG with CP and legendaries being the main way to bring them in. Adding a 4* cover at 800 gives low enough hanging fruit for 3* rosters to try to grind to get there.
  • The Herald
    simonsez wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    And PvP wouldn't do that? You must still be in noob brackets. I want new 4*s, but I don't want to have to buy enough shields to score 3k points, which, at a minimum, is what it would take.

I rarely get 4* covers at all, I'm still a 3* scrublord getting most covers out of farming CP.

What I WANT is a PVE that can actually be improved since every iteration is built around walling off prizes instead of giving us a good play experience.