You know what I like about Oblivion Sower?

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
You know what I like about Oblivion Sower?

It's more powerful for a single color planeswalker than for a dual color one. With a dual color, it creates gems in a mix of the two colors, so you're less likely to get a cascade.

Nice design. I'd like to see more cards like this. Dual color planeswalkers have a lot of advantages over single color, and I'd like to see the boot on the other foot every once in a while.

Comments

• HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ulamog is just like Oblivion Sower, only the idea is that it works better on the dual-colored planeswalkers as it his EVERY gem of both colors - which means lots of void gems. Ulamog + Kozilek battle in PvE = more void gems than you know what to do with!
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sylvan Scrying also works this way for Kiora.

I wonder if it is weighted towards one colour or the other, and if it is random with what ratio it procs (0:5, 1:4, 2:3).
  • tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Didn't realize that it costs 14 now, seems ridicously busted, a 6/9 that every deck can play and eats basically all of your opponents highest matches.
  • Jazzpha
    Jazzpha Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tm00 wrote:
    Didn't realize that it costs 14 now, seems ridicously busted, a 6/9 that every deck can play and eats basically all of your opponents highest matches.

True, but it's also a Mythic that not that many people are likely to have, and it was originally a Top 10 Finisher QB reward-- those cards have been, on average, a bit more powerful than usual for their rarity.

Its original cost of 22 made it essentially unplayable, which is why they reduced the cost a couple of patches ago to begin with, as well.

And Ingesting 10 seems intense on paper, but if you're playing to deny your opponent matches as much as you are to make matches for yourself, there usually aren't even 10 gems to ingest on the board once Oblivion Sower drops, making it even more situational.

As an example, on paper Koth would benefit immensely from Oblivion Sower based on his reliance on Red matches, but I don't run the card in my Koth build because it's too inconsistent.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jazzpha wrote:
    tm00 wrote:

True, but it's also a Mythic that not that many people are likely to have, and it was originally a Top 10 Finisher QB reward-- those cards have been, on average, a bit more powerful than usual for their rarity.

Its original cost of 22 made it essentially unplayable, which is why they reduced the cost a couple of patches ago to begin with, as well.

And Ingesting 10 seems intense on paper, but if you're playing to deny your opponent matches as much as you are to make matches for yourself, there usually aren't even 10 gems to ingest on the board once Oblivion Sower drops, making it even more situational.

As an example, on paper Koth would benefit immensely from Oblivion Sower based on his reliance on Red matches, but I don't run the card in my Koth build because it's too inconsistent.
    I can tell you from personal experience... Koth + Oblivion Sower is this game's equivilant of PBnJ. Especially if you're going for a Koth Eldrazi strategy (and the right cards as well).
  • Jorge-gracque
    Options
    Oblivion sower made it into my koth deck, he's straight up better in it than abbot of keral keep ever was.