The tokens of Season XXIX

El Satanno
El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Heyaz. Every season since about XXI, I've been hoarding them all and opening them all in one orgasmic frenzy. Here's the latest orgasm! As always, only the interesting pulls are noted and significant pulls are in bold. Multiple pulls have been condensed for ease of reading, but I noted unusual events. I also opened any supplemental tokens I received from champion rewards immediately, however the numbers immediately below are what the hoard stood at when I began. Off we go, then.

The hoard:
  • 179 silver tokens
  • 113 mixed gold tokens
  • 2 Heroic 10-packs
  • 653 Command Points

The pulls:
Silver tokens
Black Widow (red)
Deadpool (black)
Luke Cage (yellow)
Doctor Doom (purple)
Iron Fist (purple)

Heroic tokens (33)
Drax (purple)
X-Force Deadpool (red)
Daredevil (purple)
Black Panther (yellow)
Iron Man (red)
Beast (blue)
Magneto (blue x2)
Squirrel Girl (green)
Storm (green)
Nova (red)
Cyclops (black)

Heroic 10-packs (2)
Nothing
Mystique (purple), Loki (black), Captain America (yellow)

Made Man (3)
Bullseye (purple)
She-Hulk (green)

Stay on Target (3)
Thor (red)

Most Wanted (3)
Deadpool (black)

Heavy Metal (3)
Daedpool (black)
Captain America (blue)

Blue Shift (3)
Psylocke (blue)

Eight Is Enough (3)
Faptain (blue)
Professor X (yellow)

Trial By Combat (3)
Vision (blue)

For Victory (3)
Quicksilver (black)
She-Hulk (green)

Thick As Thieves (11, vault)
She-Hulk (red)
Blade (black)

Meet Rocket & Groot (6, vault)
Ragnarok (blue)
Nova (red)
Punisher (black)

Dark Avengers: Heroic (5, vault)
Punisher (black)

Juggernaut: Heroic (4, vault)
Beast (green)

Avengers vs. Ultron (6, vault)
Vision (red x2)
Patch (yellow)

The following events yielded nothing signficant:
  • Unstable Iso-8 (2)
  • Real Steel (3)
  • Black Vortex (3)
  • Divine Champions (3)
  • Real McCoy (3)
  • Deadpool vs. MPQ (4, vault)

Classic Legendary (681 Command Points = 34 pulls)
Spider-Gwen (yellow)
Thing (red)
War Machine (blue)
Thor (red)
Nova (red, yellow)
Loser Hulk (green)
X-Force Wolverine (yellow, green)
Winter Soldier (purple)
Moon Knight (black)
Nick Fury (yellow)
Rulk (green x2 - in a row!)
X-Force Deadpool (purple x2, red)
Quake (yellow x2, green)
Elektra's worthless **** (red)
Old Man Logan (red)
Star-Turd (red)
Drax (red)
Peggy Carter (blue, red - in a row!)
Kingpin (black)
Phoenix (purple)
Faptain (yellow)
Cyclops (blue)
Venom (black)
Carnage (red)
Miles Morales (purple)
Green Goblin (black)

Total Iso from cover sales and champion rewards: 92,910
5* pull rate: 8.8%

Observations and (purely subjective) conclusions:
  1. My 5* pull rate went straight in the opposite direction after last season. But I picked up that 13th Phoenix cover which is really all that matters. The Gobbler cover was nice, but whatever. In total, boo on the RNG. Very unsatisfying.
  2. I deliberately did not open my Latest Legendary tokens as the word is that both Cap and Hulk (at least on paper) are underwhelming. Why blow my tokens trying to get IM46 when he'll go into the Classics eventually? Here's to hoping that maybe Black Bolt and whoever else goes in later will be worth chasing.
  3. While not nearly as streaky as seasons past, there are still some signs of streaky behavior in the number of Deadpool covers that showed up. Also a couple incidents of multiples in Peggy (yay!) and Rulk.
  4. From here on out, my hoards will likely be considerably smaller as I have decided to scale back drastically on my play time. Naturally this means a lot less of the insane grind-fest that is Story mode. I'm going to miss the CP from progression more often than not, and all the minor rewards and Iso that add up, but the time I'll gain to do other things will surely benefit me a great deal more. Besides, I've got Logan and Phoenix champed! What else do I need? (Hint: The answer is "nothing.")

And last, but certainly not least, my usual closing statements: It is absurd that 4* characters like Loser Hulk, Mr. Sucktastic, Baglady, and others exist when their relative scarcity and cost to level up remains as high as it is. Those characters need to be demoted, reworked (a fourth time in Baglady's case!), or completely removed. It is embarassing the Silver Surfer, and now Captain America(!) it seems, are so badly designed that anyone pulling their covers is angry rather than elated. Those characters demand immediate attention as they only serve to amplify the already considerable distaste surrounding the 5* tier.

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting as always... my personal pulls have normalised to average/poor, but given that I'm reluctant to champ SS for the time being with the new pve format/scaling/pvp mmr, I think I would like to try hoarding for a season too.

Would really like to get more of the new 5*s as well - the only thing I can count on is getting PHX and OML (looking at my roster updates suggest I've been basically getting an average of one each almost every week) and that's incredibly frustrating to me as a collector who doesn't care about having the biggest and the best, just the shiny and new.

Let's see how long I can resist the siren song of the tokens...
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Always enjoy these things and find them interesting (and occasionally envy inducing). I once tried horded all my tokens for one season and it was rough.

I've been a bum this past season and was only able to pull 8 LTs (2 from tokens, the rest from Classic). And we pulled the same amount of 5*s. The RNG in this game is ridiculous.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened my latest LTs yesterday, 21, and I just got two stupid blue Captain covers, no IM, no Banner REALLY underwhelming. I am having really bad luck with latest since the change to 15%. My pulls are always below 15% and pull bad chars (both 4s and 5s) :S

I agree completely with your last statement surfer and cap need to be reworked/buffed ASAP (also Reed, chulk, etc.), but it is much worse for 5s. All this work to get the Lts and CPs to pull those useless covers is really 'depressing'

And welcome to the OML+PH champed club icon_e_wink.gif

Ps: Today I will use some CPs I have, I hope I have better luck...