Caltrops bug. Still activates AFTER Kishu downed.

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
The Kishu is a NPC that generates traps called Caltrops. Recently, I had a Kishu down to 39 hitpoints. The Kishu decided to place some caltrops. My next turn, I did a match of team up tiles bringing the Kishu to 0 hitpoints. This downed the Kishu. The problem is, the team up tiles, generated a cascade. This cascade had other tiles match, after the Kishu was "downed", and one of them had one of the caltrops hiding behind it. This caused my team to be hit with the caltrops damage. AFTER the cascade was over, the traps all went poof.
Also. The Kishu is only supposed to lay three trap tiles when caltrops are being placed, for the cost of 7 red. I believe the KISHU is generating more than that three traps for the cost of 7 red.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Traps for Kishu have always done damage in the turn you down them - not saying its right but its long standing so I suspect devs think its right
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is true of trap tiles in general. Any trap tiles owned by a downed character are not removed until the *end* of the current series of events (be that a simple damage power with no possibility of triggering traps, or a big cascade with higher risks). If the trap is matched before everything resolves, it can still hit you.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Kishu brought as a wave element on the table, killed on the spot, (thx to the cascade form the previous character) still was able to put several traps on the table. Not in his turn.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    DayvBang wrote:
    This is true of trap tiles in general. Any trap tiles owned by a downed character are not removed until the *end* of the current series of events (be that a simple damage power with no possibility of triggering traps, or a big cascade with higher risks). If the trap is matched before everything resolves, it can still hit you.

So if this is true*, what about countdown tiles? I don't recall previously being harmed by a countdown tile owned by someone who was downed "prior" to the countdown tile being destroyed (except for Ares... but we won't go into that now).

I downed an X-Pool this week with a match-5 (possibly on match damage only, possibly with the subsequent techno-head of death), and the resulting critical tile landed on two Countdown for What tiles, and I ate the damage from those before all other remaining Countdown for What tiles disappeared.

Anybody else seen this? Or possibly with X-Force Recovery?

Cheers!
    - PG

* Do we really know what is true in MPQ? There are clearly instances of events and order of operations that change when interacting with other skills (OBW, Mystique, Prof-X crit tiles as an example). Maybe they need to have their partners over at Wizards of the Coast come in and help them once and for all in their order of operations.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Countdown tiles with trap-like functions on match (Recovery, Countdown for What, maybe one or two others) do follow the same order of operations as traps, yes.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    So if I down Daredevil with a move that set off cascades, all his matched trap tiles will still hit me? Does the same apply when my Daredevil is downed, traps will still hurt the enemy on the turn he dies?
  • eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I've encountered this bug, but the caltrops went off well after the Kishu was downed and not in the same cascade that caused them to be downed. This is the 1st time I've encountered this, and when I fought another one it didn't happen.