Rewards Out Of Alignment.

blueicedragon21
blueicedragon21 Posts: 9
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
OK so here is my thoughts on the new PVE rewards.

Simple grinding of a PVE event. (clearing each node 4 times.) Will snag you the 25Cp progression reward..

But that amount of points may or may not get you into the top 200.

So each event is giving out a 4 star character for just playing. But if you want to snag 3*'s you need to grind????

Am I missing something?? I have been trying to get all 3*'s and I'm about 4 away. So I am no pro. But I do see It is almost easier at my level to grab 4*s than it is to get the 3*s.

Or am I missing something?

Comments

• 3* DDQ. At your level DDQ is the key to building up the roster. Once you have one cover for each 3* you can gain covers for characters on a scheduled, daily basis. No RNG.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    My advice is just don't think about placement rewards in PvE. If you need a seed cover for a 3* it's much easier to pick it up in pvp and them farm the rest from DDQ/random tokens.

Moreover the game is actually balanced around that kind of play. If you play a lot more than that you will earn covers faster, but you'll still be constrained by iso, so those extra covers won't mean a whole lot.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    haha, good point. I grind for the ISO though. icon_e_smile.gif

Also think it is unfair that their is a 4-star cover through progression for PVP (3x a week), but NO 4 star cover progression in PVE.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    TimGunn wrote:

Also think it is unfair that their is a 4-star cover through progression for PVP (3x a week), but NO 4 star cover progression in PVE.

a 4-star cover *and* 25 CP. 3x/week. while PVE only has the 25CP, and at most you're going to see two events/week.

Cute, huh?
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    a 4-star cover *and* 25 CP. 3x/week. while PVE only has the 25CP, and at most you're going to see two events/week.

Cute, huh?

Don't forget 7 day events. Sometimes it's only once a week!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Cute, huh?

Don't forget 7 day events. Sometimes it's only once a week!

"at most." Nothing was forgotten. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Well the funny thing about PvP is that with a 3* roster it is pretty difficult to get the 800 progression reward.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    TimGunn wrote:

Unfair? Definitely. People have been saying for a while, myself included, that we need a 4* cover for progression in PvE now that there are so many of them.
    Having that event's required 4* as a reward is hardly going to trash the economy. One 4* cover every 3-7 days? Madness! Why, EVERYONE will have 4* characters then!

Operating the PvE on a continued 3* metric when everyone's all about dat OML in 5* land is bonkers.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Can't say I would mind PVE progression 4*s, given that as a 3* player I seem wedged at 600 points for PVP O.o

I CAN keep playing. But I lose as much points as I gain and run on the spot.

I seriously seem cursed to 600 in PVP. Flew too close to the sun before and got smacked right down. Stopped playing in a huff but when I can back layer I'd gone up in points back to my float point O.o
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    So each event is giving out a 4 star character for just playing. But if you want to snag 3*'s you need to grind????

Am I missing something?? I have been trying to get all 3*'s and I'm about 4 away. So I am no pro. But I do see It is almost easier at my level to grab 4*s than it is to get the 3*s.

Or am I missing something?

You're missing the 3 star cover you get from progression well before you get to the 25 CP reward.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I'm in 3* transition and having no trouble getting the 25 cp under the new system (which admittedly fits my play schedule). And my scaling sucks since I have 2 5*

I'm happy to just put the CP away and grind DDQ (and elsewhere) building my 3* team.