Nova Red power not doing damage

nigelregal
nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
Was playing high stakes PVP and using 5/1/5 Nova. The power indicates it will send someone up in the air for 2 turns then they land doing 3213 damage. I have 4 strikes tiles of ~178 on the board for a total of ~712 damage

It happened once so I tried again to see if it was a one time thing but the issue happened a second time. It did in total around 100 base damage plus strike tile damage add on.

Here is screenshot of before and after
http://imgur.com/a/S0ghH

Comments

• Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I experienced the same thing with Nova, except he inflicted half the damage. With Punisher Max's Punish, he inflicted zero damage and only placed the strike tiles.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I had this bug happen all day in BoP, but could never repeat it regularly. The targets went airborne, then I would check the dmamage done to them. Once, it did zero dmg, other times seemed like half or even less damage done.
  • LeRoy
    LeRoy Posts: 10
    Whoops, I just posted the same in a separate thread. Having the same issue, which is a real bummer since Nova is one of my favorite folks to run. Oddly, the damage seems to change for me, ranging from 700 to 2800, never coming close to the 4k+ it should be.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I just came here to post this bug. Glad I'm not the only one seeing it, sad that it's happening at all. My level 135 Nova with 5 in red and three 95 damage strike tiles out was only doing 421 damage after using Rocket Man. I guess he's on the bench until this is fixed. That's really depressing because I just got that 5th red cover and was planning on leveling him and using him a lot more.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please fix the Nova bugs. He is one of my favorite new characters to play and right now he is still not recognizing OML strike tiles as friendly black tiles for 2-3 turns and now his airborn is broken and not doing damage. He is a really good character and fun to play, but right now he is broken because of these bugs.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Having the same problem....

It's quite a frustration
  • Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    It's not just Nova and Punisher, this morning I had it happen to me with Teen Jean purple power and Iceman green power. It seems to happen randomly with any character.
  • HaywireII
    I tested my Nova again today hoping that maybe they fixed him in the hotfix. I played two rounds and got the same results in both rounds. His red power worked against characters (I hit Venom and Daken) but did not work against goons (I launched a Tower Guard and a Grenadier). I'm going to try him in a round with no goons a little later.
  • HaywireII
    I just ran Nova in the Hawkeye and Gamora essential nodes (no goons, just all Dark Avengers) and his power worked every time I launched someone. Starting to feel confident that this is a goon related power issue.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Same here; my championed 553 nova is doing 300-500 damage on landing. Tested during Heart of darkness
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Chiming in to report a similar experience this morning in the 3* required node of DDQ. His red should do just over 1K damage and did 309. Saw the same issue in the same node yesterday.
  • Wolarsen
    by HaywireII » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:10 pm

I just ran Nova in the Hawkeye and Gamora essential nodes (no goons, just all Dark Avengers) and his power worked every time I launched someone. Starting to feel confident that this is a goon related power issue.

Nope, I just used red in S.h.i.e.l.d. simulator and it did around 1/4 of expected damage (3*Thor as last char standing, downed were KKhan and Daken, so no chance of enemy protect tiles)

EDIT: Damage seems quite erratic; couple more fights in the simulator i did around half damage to last character; next fight it did full damage to a patch, with only one enemy downed.
  • HaywireII
    I saw someone else posting in the preview thread that they had rocket man fail against a character as well. It's going to stink if he's still broken during the week that he is boosted.
  • Wolarsen
    He is bossted now, and still bugged; I can not see a fail pattern, but it seems to ramdonly do either full damage, half, or 1/4
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    It is obnoxious how many issues have existed and continue to exist with Nova. We invest a ton into these characters, having him do under 500 damage when champed is obnoxious and barely makes him playable.

Please patch this ASAP!
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    So I only have 2 red. If I have multiple black strike tiles on the board he does 390-500ish damage.

He is level 106.

Now if I only have 1 black tile on the board and launch them he does like 3907 damage?!?!
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Just to emphasize how bugged this is, I have a championed 5-5-3 Nova and just fired his red on Wasp and Daken simultaneously in PVP having taken out the 3rd with his yellow.

On landing, Daken took the full 9500 or so which finished him off. For some reason Wasp only took about 1300 damage!

Sort it out D3.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having the same issues with less damage. I've tried to troubleshoot a little and I've found no consistent reason why sometimes it utterly fails to do it's reported damage and other times it succeeds based upon the firing sequence of which powers I use.

Next step: Catalog people/teams it has failed against.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I playtested a little.

So far it seems that it fizzles and does less damage against goons. Within the same mission (Hidden Stash: Sahara IV), in three separate plays, it did full damage to Moonstone, but reduced damage to Grenadier and Commander.

I forget the mission, but I tested on a different node yesterday and it fizzled on a Pyro, Lieutenant, and Assassin.

I also verified that it is independent of the source of the black strike tile. Nova can make it, or OML.

This leads me to think that Rocket Man fizzles on goon characters that do not make moves. I would like to test it on Gorgon or Ultron Sentry's, but I'm fresh out of those.

I'll add more as I can.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Mine is hit or miss. Sometimes he does 9111 sometimes he does what seems like 911. Between crashes and this, the current PVE is really a **** experience.