What happened to PVE?

Options
majincob
majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
edited August 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
In the events it just lists the Nodes of Power event for today. Where is my PVE event? Can't we do that one anymore? It's my favorite! It gives me the crystals to buy cards.

Comments

• raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    Options
    Perhaps the PvE was too generous. I bet we will see it less often and possibly with reduced rewards in the future. If everybody is swimming in crystals, it will be hard to make money.
  • Netatron
    Netatron Posts: 147
    Options
    With all the guaranteed OGW rares it gave out, I've gotten all but 1, while I'm still missing 2 uncommons. I'm fine not seeing a PVE event fighting the same old enemies until the next set comes out, which will likely be fairly soon.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just started dabbling in the game again after the recent update. Without a better way to gain crystals, my interest will wane fast again. I need to buy all the newer Planeswalkers.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We dont have the same worries i guess.
    For i would like what is the fastest way to rack runes and how the new pvp events helps?

Im really tired and discouraged at grinding. There is no point in buying pws and be unable to use them at a decent potential. Im even having hard time to level up core pws
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just started dabbling in the game again after the recent update. Without a better way to gain crystals, my interest will wane fast again. I need to buy all the newer Planeswalkers.

You can get well over 1,000 crystals in Story Mode. Possibly 2,000 or more.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

Sorry for the lack of communication for the events schedule here but with PVP just introduced in MTGPQ, we will be running the PVP events every Wednesday and Saturday (48 hours each). We will still do PVE events in the future and we will announce when they are coming up (however, we do not have a PVE event scheduled for a couple of weeks at the moment).

Please let us know your thoughts on PVP (and PVE) as you play. Thanks and we hope you enjoy PVP this weekend!
  • raidan
    raidan Posts: 128
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    Hi Everyone -

Sorry for the lack of communication for the events schedule here but with PVP just introduced in MTGPQ, we will be running the PVP events every Wednesday and Saturday (48 hours each). We will still do PVE events in the future and we will announce when they are coming up (however, we do not have a PVE event scheduled for a couple of weeks at the moment).

Please let us know your thoughts on PVP (and PVE) as you play. Thanks and we hope you enjoy PVP this weekend!

LakeStone. The new PVP event is great. I love the fact that you don't have to play non stop to be competitive.

Arguably you are fighting more powerful decks than you are in quick battle. Would it be possible to increase the victory runes from 100 to 300 to put it on par with quick battle victories?
  • huntly
    huntly Posts: 99
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    we will be running the PVP events every Wednesday and Saturday (48 hours each). We will still do PVE events in the future and we will announce when they are coming up (however, we do not have a PVE event scheduled for a couple of weeks at the moment.
    I'm so glad they increased the time to 48hrs. It will give us beginners a chance at progression rewards. With less than a 50% win rate I had no chance at getting to 25 wins. Looking forward to getting my first origins pack. Just a little disappointed I will have to wait for another PVE, I just found a deck to barely beat the first half last weekend.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone wrote:
    ... we will be running the PVP events every Wednesday and Saturday (48 hours each).

Will we still be capped at playing 40 matches or will the number of games to get to the top go up? I liked that it felt doable to concentrate for 1 day to get to the top. If we have to be on top of it for 2 days it feels too grindy to me.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    huntly wrote:
    LakeStone wrote:
    we will be running the PVP events every Wednesday and Saturday (48 hours each). We will still do PVE events in the future and we will announce when they are coming up (however, we do not have a PVE event scheduled for a couple of weeks at the moment.
    I'm so glad they increased the time to 48hrs. It will give us beginners a chance at progression rewards. With less than a 50% win rate I had no chance at getting to 25 wins. Looking forward to getting my first origins pack. Just a little disappointed I will have to wait for another PVE, I just found a deck to barely beat the first half last weekend.

48 hours seems like a long time to me! Now I'm in Gold Tier I'm finding the competition very intense. I could go for one of the rounds being 24 hours, still.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    EDHdad wrote:

You can get well over 1,000 crystals in Story Mode. Possibly 2,000 or more.

Ya, I'm going back and getting whatever I did not get my first time around from Dec. to March. There were some changes and additions since then.