Heroic Packs: 4-Star Odds Increase

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My math may be off here, but doesn't this mean that Heroic tokens now have a higher chance to get a 4* than new release event tokens? Seems like it's now somewhat better to place in the 300 - 400 range for those sub-events...
    Event token odds are based on the regular Heroic token odds. Any change to Heroic token odds also affect event tokens.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    My math may be off here, but doesn't this mean that Heroic tokens now have a higher chance to get a 4* than new release event tokens? Seems like it's now somewhat better to place in the 300 - 400 range for those sub-events...
    Event token odds are based on the regular Heroic token odds. Any change to Heroic token odds also affect event tokens.

That doesn't seem true for the Heart of Darkness (i.e. those tokens have lower odds than Heroic tokens), but maybe that is just because the change happened too late for that event?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    Event token odds are weighted to distribute the essentials (2,3,4*) so all other cover odds drop. I suspect that the RNG looks at a table they have set up where a set range of numbers reward a 2*, a smaller range reward a 3*, and the smallest the 4*s. Then they weight those ranges towards the essentials. So every other cover drops vs a heroic token.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a Hawkeye 2* from an event token. The champion reward was a Heroic token. Said heroic gave me a Moon Knight. Huzzah!

(I'm still mad about the slight on Peggy's honor)
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    30% increase!

Before change .18 rounded to .2, after change .23 rounded to .2.
    Nice way to spin a negligible change

Indeed. Spinning this as some big increase is kind of crass. Adding 30% of jack squat to jack squat is still jack squat.
    Mark Twain wrote:
    There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    can we get a bump in event tokens too.

pulled nothing but 2* for the 10-12 heart of darkness tokens i've gotten.

pulled more 3* from standards over the last 2 days...
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Can anyone post the old and new odds of getting ANY 4* cover from a Heroic token? I see a few complaints but I have no idea what the actual number being complained about is.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Can anyone post the old and new odds of getting ANY 4* cover from a Heroic token? I see a few complaints but I have no idea what the actual number being complained about is.

From .18% to .23%, from what I understand. Both round to .2% in the odds display.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Is that .18 * 35 characters = 6.30% and .23 * 35 = 8.05%? I sometimes forget how many characters are in the token.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    HaywireII wrote:

If my math is right, we went from about a 6% change at getting any 4* cover to an 8% chance.